PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I believe the ones in screw top tins and those bagged in 250g gold bags but not kilo bags.
Thanks, the kilo and 250g bags don't show up for me on estervals as I am logging in from a European IP.

So let's see, in the screw top I've had Tillerman, Dockworker (didn't like either), Jerry Sarono (liked it), now having Hadde's Best Irish (it's ok so far but won't be reordering).

Reactions: BROBS

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Is it true that HU stopped using perique? Have you tried any of their blends recently? I thought I remembered people questioning the quality recently.
It’s not that K&K stopped using Perique in the HU blends. They cut the amounts of Perique and substituted dark fired. The blends weren’t the same. All I could taste was the dark fired.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Thanks, the kilo and 250g bags don't show up for me on estervals as I am logging in from a European IP.

So let's see, in the screw top I've had Tillerman, Dockworker (didn't like either), Jerry Sarono (liked it), now having Hadde's Best Irish (it's ok so far but won't be reordering).
I like both Dockworker and Tillerman a lot. I gave Jerry the heave ho didn't like that one at all.
There is a big Esterval sale on all tobacco Capstan is half price 6euro, most HU 100g tins are 30% off.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I like both Dockworker and Tillerman a lot. I gave Jerry the heave ho didn't like that one at all.
There is a big Esterval sale on all tobacco Capstan is half price 6euro, most HU 100g tins are 30% off.
Your location says England - I can't see any off these offers, I can never see any offers on estervals to be honest, they differentiate between EU and non-EU IP.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I found Dockworker very boring, and Tillerman gave me instant and relentless tongue bite from the charring light. Then I found out it's supposed to, or may have chili in it and nearly wanted to toss the tin out the window.

Reactions: ofafeather

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

I believe those are all Dan made. ?

the paint can blends are K&K

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
No more Aus dem Krater Plug? That sucks. It's hard to justify seeing you can't get the bricks of Capstan and the reformulation of the Hu Blends. But...I'm sure I will find a way to talk myself into it. lol

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Better put in a HUGE order!
I'm reluctant to, but need to remember what hoosier said in his cellar post:
kicking yourself in the ass for being a tightwad while you puff on your bowl of some dog poo blend?
It's certain, this door is closing fast, I have others and constantly looking for more avenues. Was not a bad run. Hello Scandinavic, Captain Black, Borkum Riff, and Clan for Greek pipe smokers.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Ah.. well.. I still visit family in Germany once a year at least, and there is already one parcel waiting for me at my parents place.
Oh yeah, got a couple of friends in Germany, and a colleague. Got my job's HQ in the UK, travel will resume sooner or later. Got relatives in NYC for a little longer (I mean, I hope they stay in the world a lot longer, but they're moving back to Europe lol). I'll get new avenues, I even had tobacco delivered to a hotel I stayed for a few hours waiting for a connecting flight, there are always ways but anything indirect is tedious, and makes me feel like a burden to people so try to avoid it.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I don’t know how someone shipping an order would know the location of its IP.

Seems that disconnect would exist when it came time to put tins in boxes.
Yeah, a small-size operation likely has 1-2 people packing orders at most, along other jobs. They could well see an EU address with a rock-bottom US price and get suspicious.

Reactions: BROBS