PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Estervals shipping is expensive? Depends if you figure net or gross expenses per tin.
Example:
10 tins of Capstan Blue w/ shipping from Estervals is about $106.00.

10 tins of Capstan Blue w/shipping (free) plus sales tax from T&P is about $198.00.

If the buyer is purchasing a tin or two then Estervals may not make much sense but a moderate to large order is definitely less expensive when shipping and taxes are figured as a component of net cost per tin.
Also, with Estervals there is the added opportunity to acquire tobacco’s unattainable in the USA such as HU blends.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Yes I have, but have you been to Germany? 100% less of a shithole. Italy is kind of like the Mexico of Europe.
Come down to Sicily next time, Uncle Vito would love to show you around!

It's never going to be like Germany, different people with a very different view on how to solve thier problems and history!

Reactions: Spa32
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The orders from Italy were for pipes(Savinelli) and the shipping was right around $30. They used UPS to ship.

The cheapest shipping for Estervals is $37 and that's for 1 tin of tobacco.

And guess what? The shipping cost for just shy of 3 kg is $37 as well. That's around $6 per pound which is essentially nothing. But it is clearly not the place to buy a couple of tins if cost is an issue for you. When you look at the cost savings for certain blends, it is far cheaper to purchase from Estervals. For example, you can get Capstan Gold or Blue Flake, 450 gr for $53.79. That's cheaper than you can buy 4 tins from here in the USA. A number of HU blends can be purchased for less than $7.50 per tin.

They take a long time to ship as well. I ordered on 23rd and it has not shipped till today, so I wrote to customer service. They stated that under my order it is written when it will ship, which is tentatively next week.
I looked closer and it’s written week 6. After some brainstorming now I think it means it will ship on the 6th week of the year.

With so much lead time between ordering and shipment leaving their premises, and then the long time the shipment has taken historically to reach US, I may be on track to some kind of record here.

No one ever posted the time between the order, and the shipment leaving their premises. I will update mine when mine eventually leaves the shop for the benefit of others.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My Estervals order was finally shipped today

Ordered 1/23
Shipped 2/3 I.e. a lead time of 11 days for shipping

Still on track for the record - Longest time an order from Estervals took.
that's a pretty long time to ship..
mine shipped in a day or two I believe.
Order anything weird?

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
It is what it is... Obviously ordering a large amount reduces the shipping cost per unit, so go big.

Lead times vary widely from different countries. Lots of hurdles once it gets here. I’ve yet to hear of anybody who hasn’t received what they’ve ordered from Estervals, so why do some people stroke out...? Place your order, chill out and wait. It ain’t worth stressing. It’ll get there.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It is what it is... Obviously ordering a large amount reduces the shipping cost per unit, so go big.

Lead times vary widely from different countries. Lots of hurdles once it gets here. I’ve yet to hear of anybody who hasn’t received what they’ve ordered from Estervals, so why do some people stroke out...? Place your order, chill out and wait. It ain’t worth stressing. It’ll get there.
yup.. Germany is just a country with slow ass shipping. Nothing can be done about that at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.