PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Really, it's just comforting to know that it's not lost and that it's safely on our shores. If take 2 weeks or 2 months, I am not in any rush to open the tins up because there plenty around here, empty ball jars on the hand, there are not!

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
That fact that it can take up to 2 months to get a package from Estervals when you have to pay $40 shipping is unacceptable. I've gotten multiple packages from Italy and all of the packages took less then 1 week and I payed less for shipping. Explain that.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

creole

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2019
That fact that it can take up to 2 months to get a package from Estervals when you have to pay $40 shipping is unacceptable. I've gotten multiple packages from Italy and all of the packages took less then 1 week and I payed less for shipping. Explain that.
I have paid less for faster shipping from Europe but not for a 10+ pound box of tobacco. There may be cheaper shipping options but the per-tin or per-ounce cost of my Estervals orders have always been as good or better than any of the US-based sellers that offer free shipping.

Spa32

Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I have paid less for faster shipping from Europe but not for a 10+ pound box of tobacco. There may be cheaper shipping options but the per-tin or per-ounce cost of my Estervals orders have always been as good or better than any of the US-based sellers that offer free shipping.
My order is about 2 pounds. Maybe they should offer a cheaper option depending on the weight.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
exactly.. that's just how much an international parcel costs from Germany.
I sent souvenirs home from France and Germany and not only was it expensive as hell, it took forever. The package from France didn't arrive for weeks after we returned... and we were there for over 2 weeks.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
That's true, but that's all I was interested in ordering at the time. I most likely will not return.
Let the community know, maybe someone is about to order and will put In a few tins if that's all your interest in.

I hope you enjoy what you got...some of the blends are very good.

I didn't think I would order again from them again, but the price and quality is exceptional....as Scarface says "she'll be back..."

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Kewl. Don't order from them. That's the beauty of a free market. The explanation is simple. Details uses a different shipping company and route. We're you ordering pipes from Italy or 3 to 5 pounds of tobacco?

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
exactly.. once you go over a certain weight it just costs what it costs and it's better to order more at that point.
I padded my order to the highest weight it would go before increasing the shipping cost.

Spa32

Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
Kewl. Don't order from them. That's the beauty of a free market. The explanation is simple. Details uses a different shipping company and route. We're you ordering pipes from Italy or 3 to 5 pounds of tobacco?
The orders from Italy were for pipes(Savinelli) and the shipping was right around $30. They used UPS to ship.

The cheapest shipping for Estervals is $37 and that's for 1 tin of tobacco.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Italy is a shithole and Germany isn’t?
Italian post is awful and most likely cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.