PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
To me, it's not Estervals, but USPS who you can blame.

That's kind of like blaming the gun instead of the shooter. However, you can blame whomever you wish but that doesn't salvage your money or tobacco if USPS won't deliver it and Estervals won't stand behind their service. USPS doesn't seem to struggle much to deliver packages from SP and TP as well as many other vendors.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
To me, it's not Estervals, but USPS who you can blame.
Possibly, or it could be the timeline for FDA rules about importing tobacco for personal use, which are expressed in vague and confusing language that USPS personnel don't understand. Or it could be an unreadable (to a sorting machine) address. Customs says it ain't them because they don't send packages back, period. They seize and either sell at auction or destroy.
Ultimately it doesn't matter who's to blame because that doesn't change the fact that buying tobacco from overseas to import for personal use, carries an element of risk that didn't exist before. Whether that risk is limited to Esterval's or is widespread I don't know. As far as I know, no one has come forward about similar problems with packages from other companies.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
widespread I don't know. As far as I know, no one has come forward about similar problems with packages from other companies.
I experienced this same issue last week with a domestic (non-tobacco) USPS shipment that originated in Cedar Rapids. I had tracked it across the US and when it wasn’t delivered I went and retrieved it from my local Post Office.
It had been designated non-deliverable, although when I picked it up I checked and the address was good. I pointed this out to the clerk and asked what she thought the problem was and she suggested perhaps the package had been given to wrong carrier (wrong delivery route) and so it had been been given the dreaded nondel title and was going to be quickly returned to Iowa.
I don’t take this personal as the Post Office is operating in the same space-time continuum as the rest of the world and is suffering from manpower shortages, tightened funding and unprecedented volumes and this is screwing with their success rates. I also think that occasionally, when a sorter or carrier is overwhelmed, they write, “nondel” on some of the packages and then, now caught up, go out to lunch.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
So the YouTuber beans316 who’s HU ordeal I was following got his package. After reaching his local PO in West Virginia and being returned, it went to NY and was then sent back to his local PO and delivered! He ordered in back in October! Unreal.

8731218F-D393-4031-A9C7-8193BF970538.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So the YouTuber beans316 who’s HU ordeal I was following got his package. After reaching his local PO in West Virginia and being returned, it went to NY and was then sent back to his local PO and delivered! He ordered in back in October! Unreal.

View attachment 60746
Good! I'm happy that it made it through. That said, no way will I go through this again. I got my money back and I'm keeping it.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
I placed my first order with them worth $500. That was before i read this thread. I ordered 20 dec, overlooking the fact that one of the items wouldnt be in stock until jan. Then i saw this thread, got worried, and sent an email to cancel said order on 29 dec. No response. Decided to wait it out but then changed my mind again and sent an email to cancel on 13 jan. This time they replied and said that the order shipped. I received the package on 15 jan.

Going back to the shipment history, it shipped 5 jan, arrived in the US on 10 jan, went through customs the same day, and got delivered to my workplace in CA on the 15th. 10 days total from ship to delivery.

Their customer service needs work but in a way im glad the order didnt get cancelled. I got everything ordered at a great price. I now get to try out some HU stuff and have a pretty good stash of salty dogs. I know not everyones experience has been good but im willing to gamble and have no problem with wait times. Best of luck to everyone. I, for one, will order again in the near future. Theres some 4 kg flakes that are calling my name.Screenshot_20210117-222724_Chrome.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I placed my first order with them worth $500. That was before i read this thread. I ordered 20 dec, overlooking the fact that one of the items wouldnt be in stock until jan. Then i saw this thread, got worried, and sent an email to cancel said order on 29 dec. No response. Decided to wait it out but then changed my mind again and sent an email to cancel on 13 jan. This time they replied and said that the order shipped. I received the package on 15 jan.

Going back to the shipment history, it shipped 5 jan, arrived in the US on 10 jan, went through customs the same day, and got delivered to my workplace in CA on the 15th. 10 days total from ship to delivery.

Their customer service needs work but in a way im glad the order didnt get cancelled. I got everything ordered at a great price. I now get to try out some HU stuff and have a pretty good stash of salty dogs. I know not everyones experience has been good but im willing to gamble and have no problem with wait times. Best of luck to everyone. I, for one, will order again in the near future. Theres some 4 kg flakes that are calling my name.View attachment 60749
That's exceptional! Even before things went pear shaped it was about three weeks for an order to go through. My star crossed order was a four month long disaster.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I ordered from Estervals last year and it took two months to arrive, and was marked 'return to sender' at the post office for reasons unknown, whereupon I quickly rescued it by running to the local post office with minutes to spare before close.

Today my Tobak Aus Kiel order is sitting at the local post office, after again taking two months to arrive. We shall see tomorrow if it makes the final leg of its journey successfully or again bounces back for reasons unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.