PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title - Bob

I ordered 3 kilos of tobacco on December 3rd. The status is "shipment has been processed in the Export Parcel Center" of DHL.

Has anyone recently ordered and received a shipment from them? How long did it take? Also, Does DHL require a signature?

I am hoping they are really slow so it doesn't arrive until after the New year, or super fast and it arrives before I leave on the 20th to my other house for the Holidays.

The "Other" house is in Utah and they have their own rules about internet tobacco purchases, so requesting it to be forwarded is not an option...

Last edited by a moderator:

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’m assuming it’s DHL to be ultimately turned over to USPS for delivery.
If it does not arrive before you go to Utah, you can go online and have USPS hold your deliveries for 3-30 days.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I got an order last week that took a month. It took three weeks just to get to NY.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Earlier orders usually took 10 to 14 days. Recently, closer to 3 weeks. Tracking is rather useless between when Estervals send it to shipping until it is passed to USPS which is the largest time frame. Knock on wood, to date after more than half a dozen transactions, everything has arrived safe and sound. Hope so, I placed a rather large order 2 days ago.

creole

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2019
My most recent order in late October was not delivered in the US until last week. according to the tracking info, Estervals got the package out the door in short order but it sat in Germany for a very long time.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Has anyone recently ordered and received a shipment from them? How long did it take? Also, Does DHL require a signature?
Last shipment (to Washington State) took just over 3 weeks. As mentioned, DHL to the US POE, then it’s USPS to your mailbox. No signature required in my case, was left in locked parcel locker.
The "Other" house is in Utah and they have their own rules about internet tobacco purchases, so requesting it to be forwarded is not an option...
Washington State has similar statutes to discourage RYO cigarettes. However, my understanding is that states are not allowed to regulate USPS delivery. At least that was my own experience.

That may be true but:

It is Illegal to Buy Cigarettes/Tobacco Products by Internet, Phone, or Mail-Order
The sale and/or purchase of cigarette/tobacco products via the internet, phone, or by mail-order is prohibited, except to licensed persons. Distributors or wholesalers who sell cigarette or tobacco products into Utah must ascertain whether or not a person ordering the cigarette/tobacco products is licensed in the state. The law is intended to direct consumers to licensed vendors of cigarette products. This law ensures that:
  1. cigarette/tobacco products sold in Utah are treated as controlled substances;
  2. taxes are collected on the sale of cigarette/tobacco products.
For more information, see Utah Code §59-14-509.
Penalty
Any person making sales to unlicensed individuals in Utah via the internet, phone, or mail order will be subject to a fine of up to $5,000 for each violation. Each sale into Utah will be considered a separate violation.

It looks like they put the Onus on the SELLER, thus discouraging the deal. IMO, best not to "test" the system on MY 500 bucks worth of tobacco puffy

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That may be true but:

It is Illegal to Buy Cigarettes/Tobacco Products by Internet, Phone, or Mail-Order
The sale and/or purchase of cigarette/tobacco products via the internet, phone, or by mail-order is prohibited, except to licensed persons. Distributors or wholesalers who sell cigarette or tobacco products into Utah must ascertain whether or not a person ordering the cigarette/tobacco products is licensed in the state. The law is intended to direct consumers to licensed vendors of cigarette products. This law ensures that:
  1. cigarette/tobacco products sold in Utah are treated as controlled substances;
  2. taxes are collected on the sale of cigarette/tobacco products.
For more information, see Utah Code §59-14-509.
Penalty
Any person making sales to unlicensed individuals in Utah via the internet, phone, or mail order will be subject to a fine of up to $5,000 for each violation. Each sale into Utah will be considered a separate violation.

It looks like they put the Onus on the SELLER, thus discouraging the deal. IMO, best not to "test" the system on MY 500 bucks worth of tobacco puffy

That's Utah for ya. Until a few years ago it was technically illegal to possess a bottle of wine or hard alcohol in the state without their state tax stamp on it. At least with the wine and alcohol they didn't enforce it unless someone did something stupid but even then I didn't leave bottles out on the table too much when camping. Better safe than sorry.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I had an order shipped out on the 6th. Last update was on the 9th which says:
"Mon, Dec 9, 2019 5:17 pm Rodgau,
Germany.
The international shipment is prepared for further transport."

I wish the tracking thru europe was a little better. I guess you have to be pretty patient while it wanders thru no mans land for a few weeks.
Let us know when you receive it hopefully mine wont be far behind.

Last edited:

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Mine showed up in the US today (Ordered Nov. 14). Now it just has to make its way to AK. does pee pee dance
Did it go for several weeks without any updates and then all of a sudden popped up in the US? Just curious as I had an order ship on the 6th and it still hasn't moved past Germany according to the DHL tracking.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Did it go for several weeks without any updates and then all of a sudden popped up in the US?

My order did. Kinda. Shipped from Germany to customs seemed quick. No updates while it was processed through customs which seemed to be the longest portion of the time.

Reactions: Worknman
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Did it go for several weeks without any updates and then all of a sudden popped up in the US? Just curious as I had an order ship on the 6th and it still hasn't moved past Germany according to the DHL tracking.

In my experience, this is common. You know when it ships then don't hear anything until it hits USPS. I think it's simple. If you want to order from Estervals, expect 3 to 5 weeks from order to delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.