PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
When I see a baby crying in a post about grown men crying it makes me cry.

whats GCM? Dyslexic GMC?
It’s very upsetting to all involved. Esoterica is great until you’ve smoked a couple pounds of it. That’s upsetting as well.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Oct 7, 2016
Which ties into a long standing question of mine: When did GCM (grown men crying) become acceptable?
I’m not old enough to be a genuine old fart, but every time I see a thread with a grown man pouting about not getting a tobacco he wanted I struggle to keep my geritol down.

I am an old fart. The only time I cry over tobacco is when my card gets hacked. Twice at Peretti, once at Milan, once at Smoking Pipes. Smoking Pipes was actually from a phone order. Fortunately, I live very close to a branch of my bank and I know the people there, so I get things reversed immediately, but my mobility is limited and it is a hassle.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I am an old fart. The only time I cry over tobacco is when my card gets hacked. Twice at Peretti, once at Milan, once at Smoking Pipes. Smoking Pipes was actually from a phone order. Fortunately, I live very close to a branch of my bank and I know the people there, so I get things reversed immediately, but my mobility is limited and it is a hassle.
Perreti lost a bunch of business for a bit after their troubles.

Reactions: BROBS

GlassMan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2020
Tempe
Wow! I guess some B&M's are really charging for this stuff. I've generally paid in the upper $30's for mine from the B&M's I've used. I think Embers has paid in the low $30's with his local B&M.

I dunno, I've spent more money and time to satisfy my curiosity than $120 for a pound of Virginia flake and a couple of hours on the road. No real regrets, at least long lasting regrets.

Let me know if it's covered in apricot brandy, like almost all Germain's other Esoterica Virginias.
Is that the topping or is that a joke? I think Dorchester is the greatest smelling thing I’ve ever...smelled. Is it apricot brandy?

GlassMan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2020
Tempe
From what I’ve heard, some are, but not all. I believe I’ve only tried five of their blends and I just ordered a bunch I’ve never tried before. I think Penzance is the greatest English I’ve ever smoked. Others may disagree.
I have an 8oz penzance in a jar. Pretty sure it got mold. Think it’s impossible that it’s plume because it’s too fresh. It’s only in a few spots. Would you try to pick it out or trash it?

Reactions: ofafeather