Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Here’s Cubbies, our newest family member. He’s a year & a half old Australian Shepherd. Got him as a pup.

Super fast, super caring & super sweet. Keeps falling in the pool trying to make sure we’re all ok when we’re swimming.

And he absolutely cannot hold his licker. He’ll kiss you to death if you let him.

Prefers English blends.

4DEFE0F4-7B39-4BBD-BE4B-493F8373DEC1.jpeg

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Son is a UK grad and played baseball there, so......:)
Man that is awesome! Baseball is my absolute fave sport (Cubs, lifer. Like even before they got good. I’ve endured many, many 50-win seasons.) My wife actually got all 3 of her degrees there (she’s a PhD) and is the head of speech/language rehab services for UK healthcare. Until recently, we lived about 2 miles from campus for most of my life.

Couple years ago we attended the final game at Shively before they opened the new stadium.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Man that is awesome! Baseball is my absolute fave sport (Cubs, lifer. Like even before they got good. I’ve endured many, many 50-win seasons.) My wife actually got all 3 of her degrees there (she’s a PhD) and is the head of speech/language rehab services for UK healthcare. Until recently, we lived about 2 miles from campus for most of my life.

Couple years ago we attended the final game at Shively before they opened the new stadium.
It is a beautiful campus and highly respected medical school. Go Cats!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not all dogs are angelic, but most have that element in their character. My late wife said dogs are often angels, and cats are more like people -- she having grown up and had both in adulthood. Many dogs have a careful knowing nature about children and the elderly, that is, after they get through their crazy adolescences. My sister had a big Rott mix who was careful about my eighty year old father, but got close to him, since he loved dogs. The dog would lounge with my dad on the sofa. The dog went into mourning when Dad died and would await his arrival for his Sunday night visits. He got excited when someone wore Dad's old buffalo plaid shirt.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Not all dogs are angelic, but most have that element in their character. My late wife said dogs are often angels, and cats are more like people -- she having grown up and had both in adulthood. Many dogs have a careful knowing nature about children and the elderly, that is, after they get through their crazy adolescences. My sister had a big Rott mix who was careful about my eighty year old father, but got close to him, since he loved dogs. The dog would lounge with my dad on the sofa. The dog went into mourning when Dad died and would await his arrival for his Sunday night visits. He got excited when someone wore Dad's old buffalo plaid shirt.
My first cat was a rescue he was a skeleton with orange fur when we found him. So he had issues and used to be quick with the claws and bites and showed me that most cats fire warning shots because he didn't.
My uncles family visited and we were trying to keep the toddler away from the cat. The one moment we got distracted we heard the cat give out the most pitiful meow (he didn't meow almost ever, he was a cat of action not talking) and my little cousin was basically dragging the poor cat around. This is a cat that at that time if you didn't stop petting him the moment the purring stopped you'd get a big set of new gashes on your hand. I basically saw that he did know not to hurt the little ones. After explaining to my cousin that cat doesn't like being carried even if you guys are friends they were inseparable for the two weeks they where visiting.