PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
This is Quincy. He is a Lab/Mix and one of the sweetest dogs God ever made. He helped to mend my wife and my broken heart when we had to put down our much loved German Shepherd six years ago. He is the exact opposite of Max so we didn't have to compare the two. Quincy is 8 now and I hope we have many more years with him, because it will be a sad, sad day when he crosses the rainbow bridge.

Attachments

• Quincy.jpg
    Quincy.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 16

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
This is Quincy. He is a Lab/Mix and one of the sweetest dogs God ever made. He helped to mend my wife and my broken heart when we had to put down our much loved German Shepherd six years ago. He is the exact opposite of Max so we didn't have to compare the two. Quincy is 8 now and I hope we have many more years with him, because it will be a sad, sad day when he crosses the rainbow bridge.
I sure hope you have many more years together as well. It’s amazing how different one dog is to the next. We now have an Australian Shepherd, and he’s super sweet and fast and awesome etc. But this dog is just … awkward. Lol. That’s the best I can say about him. Not dumb. Not at all. Quite intelligent, actually. And he’s coordinated and all that. Just awkward. He tries to cuddle, and somehow gets it wrong every time. He weirdly will lay his head on you, but twist himself in such a way so that his hind end always ends up at a higher elevation than his head. Like I said… awkward. But we love him to pieces.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
It’s amazing how different one dog is to the next.

So true. We have a white GSD named Rigg's, shown below. He's awesome! Just an incredible German Shepherd. Intelligent, well behaved, friendly when he needs to be and imposing when friendly just won't do. The dog before him was also a white GSD. He had no clue he was a German Shepherd unless something got to close to my daughter and then he became all guard dog. When the event was over, he'd be a little stress and his face just said "I kinda scared myself there a bit"89360997-B485-4211-88F4-970C5EF43333.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My cat likes the stem hates the chamber well when he sniffs them that is! I figured out why dogs love pipe smokers, they see a person enjoying a good stick. I figured that out while lunting with my lumberman and this jack russel pup carrying a stick looked up at me and i saw the light bulb go off above his head, he dropped his stick then picked it up the same way i was clenching my pipe. And realized dogs see not a pipe but a stick. They think finally a person whn gets the joy of a good stick.

dctune

I figured out why dogs love pipe smokers, they see a person enjoying a good stick.
This is some utterly brilliant analysis! It’s never once crossed my mind. I always thought it was bc my dogs have always been big potatoes who just love laying around doing nothing while I smoke a bowl. But this it. You’ve figured it out!

dctune