Does Tea reduce the risks of tabacco pipe smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I swear to god if there's a bigger group of whores on the internet than writers who publish such crap as this I'd sure like to hear who it is. Well, after accountants and lawyers that is. They have a battle cry which goes like this: "I smell someone else's money, I smell someone else's money".
You left out realtors and land surveyors.

Reactions: kcghost

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Have you offered him any after a hard days work ? Maybe he doesn't know about it. :)
P.S. Your statement above is fallacial argument called the 'Hasty Generalization".
  1. Appeal to ignorance – Thinking a claim is true (or false) because it can’t be proven true (or false).
  2. Ad hominem – Making a personal attack against the person saying the argument, rather than directly addressing the issue.
  3. Strawman fallacy – Misrepresenting or exaggerating another person’s argument to make it easier to attack.
  4. Bandwagon fallacy – Thinking an argument must be true because it’s popular.
  5. Naturalistic fallacy – Believing something is good or beneficial just because it’s natural.
  6. Cherry picking – Only choosing a few examples that support your argument, rather than looking at the full picture.
  7. False dilemma – Thinking there are only two possibilities when there may be other alternatives you haven’t considered.
  8. Begging the question – Making an argument that something is true by repeating the same thing in different words.
  9. Appeal to tradition – Believing something is right just because it’s been done around for a really long time.
  10. Appeal to emotions – Trying to persuade someone by manipulating their emotions – such as fear, anger, or ridicule – rather than making a rational case.
  11. Shifting the burden of proof – Thinking instead of proving your claim is true, the other person has to prove it’s false.
  12. Appeal to authority – Believing just because an authority or “expert” believes something than it must be true.
  13. Red herring – When you change the subject to a topic that’s easier to attack.
  14. Slippery slope – Taking an argument to an exaggerated extreme. “If we let A happen, then Z will happen.”
  15. Correlation proves causation – Believing that just because two things happen at the same time, that one must have caused the other.
  16. Anecdotal evidence – Thinking that just because something applies toyou that it must be true for most people.
  17. Equivocation – Using two different meanings of a word to prove your argument.
  18. Non sequitur – Implying a logical connection between two things that doesn’t exist. “It doesn’t follow…”
  19. Ecological fallacy – Making an assumption about a specific person based on general tendencies within a group they belong to.
  20. Fallacy fallacy – Thinking just because a claim follows a logical fallacy that it must be false.
Just because green tea drinkers are effete, soft, liberal, wealthy urban snobs does not mean green tea does not protect cigarette smokers from lung cancer.

But that’s the way to bet!.:)

(I’ll bet they ate quiche back in the day, before there were garbanzo beans.)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I like a pint but I can go without it. Wouldn't last a day without a cup of tea. Gets you going in the morning, steadies the nerves & calms you down when you're having a bad day.
Tea & Tobacco, life would be much the poorer without.
Tend to ignore health risks/benefits of things I enjoy.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Wrong again.

"In the 1940s, the Coors Brewing Company introduced a beer called "Coors Light" that was lighter in body and calories.[3] It was discontinued at the start of World War II. After Miller Lite was introduced in 1973, Coors Light was reintroduced in 1978."
I’m older than legal Coors in Missouri.

In the seventies Coors restricted their distribution because all Coors was refrigerated from the brewery to the liquor store.

This was central to the plot of Smokey and the Bandit.

I lusted after Sally Fields, and the Trans Am, but not the beer.

Back then I drank Papst Blue Ribbon.

They had cheap Papst Blue Ribbon called Red White and Blue, but not any Papst Light that I recall.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I’m older than legal Coors in Missouri.

In the seventies Coors restricted their distribution because all Coors was refrigerated from the brewery to the liquor store.

This was central to the plot of Smokey and the Bandit.

I lusted after Sally Fields, and the Trans Am, but not the beer.

Back then I drank Papst Blue Ribbon.

They had cheap Papst Blue Ribbon called Red White and Blue, but not any Papst Light that I recall.

I like PBR, it's a decent beer for sure. Not as cheap up here, but readily available. Import bottles, even swill like Budweiser and Corona, are $16 for a 6 pack. Locally brewed beer is $10 for 15 cans.

Reactions: Briar Lee

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I drink 5 or 7 coffees a day and decided to cut back so now i drink Irish breakfast tea in between coffees ?. More caffeine than English breakfast and just a stronger tea in general.
Bigger maltiness to it too I’d say.
  1. Appeal to ignorance – Thinking a claim is true (or false) because it can’t be proven true (or false).
  2. Ad hominem – Making a personal attack against the person saying the argument, rather than directly addressing the issue.
  3. Strawman fallacy – Misrepresenting or exaggerating another person’s argument to make it easier to attack.
  4. Bandwagon fallacy – Thinking an argument must be true because it’s popular.
  5. Naturalistic fallacy – Believing something is good or beneficial just because it’s natural.
  6. Cherry picking – Only choosing a few examples that support your argument, rather than looking at the full picture.
  7. False dilemma – Thinking there are only two possibilities when there may be other alternatives you haven’t considered.
  8. Begging the question – Making an argument that something is true by repeating the same thing in different words.
  9. Appeal to tradition – Believing something is right just because it’s been done around for a really long time.
  10. Appeal to emotions – Trying to persuade someone by manipulating their emotions – such as fear, anger, or ridicule – rather than making a rational case.
  11. Shifting the burden of proof – Thinking instead of proving your claim is true, the other person has to prove it’s false.
  12. Appeal to authority – Believing just because an authority or “expert” believes something than it must be true.
  13. Red herring – When you change the subject to a topic that’s easier to attack.
  14. Slippery slope – Taking an argument to an exaggerated extreme. “If we let A happen, then Z will happen.”
  15. Correlation proves causation – Believing that just because two things happen at the same time, that one must have caused the other.
  16. Anecdotal evidence – Thinking that just because something applies toyou that it must be true for most people.
  17. Equivocation – Using two different meanings of a word to prove your argument.
  18. Non sequitur – Implying a logical connection between two things that doesn’t exist. “It doesn’t follow…”
  19. Ecological fallacy – Making an assumption about a specific person based on general tendencies within a group they belong to.
  20. Fallacy fallacy – Thinking just because a claim follows a logical fallacy that it must be false.
Just because green tea drinkers are effete, soft, liberal, wealthy urban snobs does not mean green tea does not protect cigarette smokers from lung cancer.

But that’s the way to bet!.:)

(I’ll bet they ate quiche back in the day, before there were garbanzo beans.)
I hope you at least get 1 “like”. That must have been exhausting to type! ?

• Haha
Reactions: edger