Does Tea reduce the risks of tabacco pipe smoking?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
My Amish renter has worked all day, his wife has too, his kids have worked, his horses have worked, and he’s not drinking green tea. I doubt he’s ever seen any green tea.

Green tea, is for the “English”.:)
Have you offered him any after a hard days work ? Maybe he doesn't know about it. :)
P.S. Your statement above is fallacial argument called the 'Hasty Generalization".

Last edited:

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Apparently green tea is its own specific plant (not young black tea)
I thought green tea & black tea were the same plant, with green tea being dried right after the leaves are picked, and black tea (& Oolongs) run through rollers to release enzymes which cause the leaves to ferment, and then the leaves are dried to stop the fermentation (Oolong being dried earlier, thus partially fermented).

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I thought green tea & black tea were the same plant, with green tea being dried right after the leaves are picked, and black tea (& Oolongs) run through rollers to release enzymes which cause the leaves to ferment, and then the leaves are dried to stop the fermentation (Oolong being dried earlier, thus partially fermented).
Could be but not what the one website said. It was only 30 minutes of research. :ROFLMAO:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
they are.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
they are.
@romaso and @anotherbob : You are correct. I stand corrected.

"These two types of tea are actually produced from the same plant, and contain many of the same properties and health benefits.

Immediately after being harvested, the leaves of green tea are heated in order to halt the oxidation process, usually either by steaming or pan-firing. This ensures that the tea experiences minimal oxidation and stays a bright green color. Black tea, meanwhile, is allowed to fully oxidize after it’s harvested. This means that the leaves turn brown or black, with green no longer present anywhere on the leaf."
Artfultea.com

(I'm working towards a second certificate :ROFLMAO: Success has gone to my head ! cray)

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I swear to god if there's a bigger group of whores on the internet than writers who publish such crap as this I'd sure like to hear who it is. Well, after accountants and lawyers that is. They have a battle cry which goes like this: "I smell someone else's money, I smell someone else's money".

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Update: I just did a 30 minute internet search regarding the benefits of green tea on two tea forums (yes they do exist ! Apparently people are into tea like we are into tobaccos). And a quick search of benefits of green tea: (So I may now be a modern expert :rolleyes:)

Here is the summarized answer to my queries:

Apparently green tea is its own specific plant (not young black tea) and it has been used as a medicine since the 17th century in China and Japan. There is no scientific evidence of its benefits but it has been shown to be beneficial as a diuretic (everybody benefits from a good clean out !) , and to alleviate (not cure) Breast cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer, digestive problems. So apparently they want to see if it is beneficial to lung cancers as well. Since it is also used in Asia to treat arthritis I suspect it has anti-inflammatory properties hence shrinking tumors. It also contains significant caffeine for inprovement of brain functioning and alertness though not as much as coffee as well as anti-oxidants and polyphenols and vitamins similar to leafy green vegetables.

So no downside to drinking green tea and sufficient healthful benefits that every cup can only help not hurt. That's what my extensive thirty minute research found out and I'm sticking with it.

All the best to everyone ... enjoy a cup of tea. ?‍⚕️??:ROFLMAO:
Well heck i knew that from decades of watching Run Run Shaw / Shaw Bros martial arts movies ?

Reactions: Hillcrest