Did I Just See a Peterson Christmas 2021?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
So I'm looking over the Milverton a little closer, and as I mentioned the draft is a little high on the inside of the chamber. Well, the draft hole is at 12 o'clock on the face of the mortise. Won't pass a cleaner.

Now I know the old song and dance about bent pipes have to be drilled that way... I have a lot of bent pipes that will pass a cleaner because they weren't sloppily drilled.

In the past, I've plugged and re-drilled pipes with this problem.

Or I could send it back and buy another Don Warren bent pipe that doesn't have that problem.

As is, the airstream makes two sharp 90 degree turns within an 1/8", and there's no well, so it will be a gurgler.

• Wow
Reactions: Latakia Dave

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
From what I've noticed, seasonal pipes aren't exactly the highest standard. I would say return it if it doesn't meet the standard. Guess what? Peterson is releasing Halloween pipe this year. Didn't care for Dracula series to begin with. Second disappointment.

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
From what I've noticed, seasonal pipes aren't exactly the highest standard. I would say return it if it doesn't meet the standard. Guess what? Peterson is releasing Halloween pipe this year. Didn't care for Dracula series to begin with. Second disappointment.
They are? Is there an article about it? The Halloween pipes from the past from them mostly looked like normal pipes.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Now I know the old song and dance about bent pipes have to be drilled that way... I have a lot of bent pipes that will pass a cleaner because they weren't sloppily drilled.
Oddly enough, the only Dunhill I've had that could pass a pipe cleaner was the bent one.?‍♂️ You can see the end of the cleaner sticking out of the stem.

20200504_150420.jpg

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
My smooth Hansom showed up today. First Peterson of 6 where I got the dreaded "high drilling" off the mark, HOWEVER. It smokes incredibly well. It won't pass a cleaner past the stem, but when un-stemmed, it passes the cleaner perfectly with no resistance, so the the draw actually is nice and opened. I'm smoking it now and it is drawing like a champ. I am happy with it.

Notice my avatar buddy watching.farfyandmehansompipe.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Now this is amusing. As tiny as this pipe is, I find it completely unclenchable due to its near absence of a button.

View attachment 98148View attachment 98149
Stem, in few instances, are very lacking. Had two stems with button issues. One too thin on one side, but just enough to clench. Other had plenty of button, but keep slipping off. Couldn't figure out why. Stem is the main issue with Peterson pipes and I. Some are just not straight.