PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I really wish there was a more contrasting shot for One—what appears as a hard edge of the stem where it meets the metal of the spigot still bugs me; the Tulip shape on Two bothers me, but, I like the overall feel. I'm on the fence with this one and will need to think about it. I much preferred the one piece and the one with the bamboo shank and colourful stem much more than either of these.
Yeah, I'm not sure what you are referring to here unless you're getting fooled by the reflection (which is easy since as you said, it has a white background). The transition between the stem and the metal of the spigot is as flush as it could be.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
In some ways this is the most interesting round for me as both are pipes I've voted against every round so far (my finalists would have been the two that lost in the last round).

I'm going to vote 1. Because I think they did their research & spotted that sweet little BBB all wood cutty you bought a while back - & because I really dislike the spur/foot placement on 2.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Yeah, I'm not sure what you are referring to here unless you're getting fooled by the reflection (which is easy since as you said, it has a white background). The transition between the stem and the metal of the spigot is as flush as it could be.

It appears the face of the stem has no transition the metal:

===|o=======\_/

like it just meets the metal.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It appears the face of the stem has no transition the metal:

===|o=======\_/

like it just meets the metal.
Yeah, I'm still not following. Can you circle what you are referring to in this photo?:

3b26fabd-ed38-4f7d-911d-1f8023be7721-jpg.202314

Reactions: scloyd
Aug 1, 2012
I love them both. I honestly can't pick this time. Oddly enough the one I thought would go through, and make the final easy, didn't make it. This means I'm actually stumped and would buy either had I the coin.

Thanks for showing all of these masterpieces and for letting us feel like we had a bit of a vicarious PAD. It was a really fun.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That pic helps. It read like this to me:

View attachment 202408
Ah.....yeah, that would be super funky, hahaha, that's just the stupid reflection getting to you. The transition from bakelite to silver is seemless. A white background definitely didn't help with the photos for this one but I wanted to present them the way the carver wanted them presented so I used their photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.