PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well I've just checked up on the 'Hitler' mustache thing and it seems smoking Lakelands encourage the growth of these things as per the illustration below. We will see how things progress after a few scotches whilst I see if this gas mask can be repurposed as an effective anti-viral barrier!

View attachment 20837
I smoke lots of Lakelands.

20200210_130437.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
20200210_130437-jpg.20840
fate.png

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
I went to Costco to get some pork ribs for dinner and I couldn't believe the mob buying out bottled water and toilet paper. It's a flu. More than 20,000 people died from flu last year . Get yearly flu shots wash your hands often. Don't worry be happy have a smoke.?

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm not worried about the health implications to myself, personally.... but I am very worried about the implications economically, access to supplies... and travel.
I am planning on flying to the US in a few months, and travel restrictions, insurances etc have me worried. It's already having huge consequences, and if this is just the tip of the iceberg, then there will be lot of crap that goes along with it.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Okay, I wasn't much worried about it until every news station and public official told me not to panic. I picked up N95 masks before the price gouging began. I am stocked up on coffee, food and tobacco. Still got a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Pretty much the norm for me. (I came from Montana and was a survivalist before it became a fad.)

My question is this...is anybody else concerned?

I can't help but think of the 1914-1918 flu. Hit 25% of the world's population (about 500 million people sick) and took out 50 million.
This will not be accepted by many but it's a fact that the Coronavirus came from a laboratory. There's a govt germ lab just up the road from the fish market where it started but I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

It's been proven that AIDS can be replicated in a lab. It first spread from two cities where they were trialing a vaccine for Hep C. Another coincidence.

Ebola is another. It came from monkeys, lol. Hilarious.

The planets biggest threat is the burgeoning over population. Constant growth will kill the planet. So what to do?
The authorities would never tell us the truth.
Bill Gates African vaccine program does not have good intentions. That's where new virus will emerge. And maybe other 3rd world countries. Western countries wont be spared. A thinning of the herd.
Again the authorities will say 'It came from monkeys'.

Reactions: olkofri
Jun 9, 2018
England
Well I've just checked up on the 'Hitler' mustache thing and it seems smoking Lakelands encourage the growth of these things as per the illustration below. We will see how things progress after a few scotches whilst I see if this gas mask can be repurposed as an effective anti-viral barrier!

View attachment 20837

Sometimes a Hitler Moustache can suit a person/kitty. Whether he's always dreaming about invading Poland while he's eating his morning kibbles is unknown ?

hitler-cats1.jpg

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Yeah im worried. Looks like about a 5 to 15 percent mortality rate and a basic reproductive rate as high as 6.6.

Which means that everybody is going to get it.

I live in the middle of a big city in a seniors bldg. if things start shutting down it will be a desert and i have neither the money nor the storage space to really stock up on anything.

What i dont see anyone talking about are possible mutations, in the 1918 flu epidemic there were three waves as the original virus mutated twice.
The first wave was a little more serious than the flu. The second wave killed virtually everyone who contracted it and mercifully burned out quickly and the third wave was about as the first.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I don't believe Covid-19 is the one. But I do believe eventually there will be one that has a very high mortality rate and kills a lot of people before we can do anything about it. It's hard to predict when that will happen.

I'm concerned by what I'm seeing. Incompetence by governments, ineffective quarantines, economic disruption, fear mongering on a grand scale, spread of misinformation and conspiracy theories, a run on supplies. When the inevitable big one hits this is a small preview of what we can expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.