PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
So let me get this straight. To survive this new plague I have to smoke a tonne of Lakeland tobacco, well thats doable so check. I have to grow an 'Hitler' mustache, interesting, come to think about it I have always wanted one, so check I can do that. Drink a bunch of hard liquor. Check I can do that as well. I think I have got this whole thing sussed!

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Hype or not, my IRA values have sure taken a beating this week due to market fears. Buy low and sell high, I guess.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
So let me get this straight. To survive this new plague I have to smoke a tonne of Lakeland tobacco, well thats doable so check. I have to grow an 'Hitler' mustache, interesting, come to think about it I have always wanted one, so check I can do that. Drink a bunch of hard liquor. Check I can do that as well. I think I have got this whole thing sussed!

Yup, we have a survivor folks!

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
LMAO I don't think it is primarily about getting the virus. It is about disruption. Let us examine worst case and best case. 25% of our work force gets it. Another 25% call off to keep from getting it. After a week of running half strength fatigue and burnout claim the rest except for one joker who comes in and plays Candy Crush on his phone all day. WHAT? No, you thought that was the worst case? That was the best case. The worst case would be Candy Crush crashing and the last person offs himself in a fit of depression.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS and Casual

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Some concern, my wife has COPD/heart failure and is on oxygen so she would be in the 2% dead if she got it. We're pretty rural and I already had enough food and such on hand to ride it out at home if the virus shows up in the county.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If you want my top items that do scare me, stupidity, intolerance, hate and pumpkin spice latte - horrible shit, that. Can you imagine if that goes mainstream??? It would surely end our species.

Besides, I’ve got a lemon, so I’ll have a Corona, please ?

Well, let's see...stupidity went mainstream about 6000 years ago and never let up.

Intolerance and hate go in cycles...but it's difficult to define the current cycle because the most intolerant and hateful seem to the ones claiming to be fighting it.

As for the pumpkin spice latte, it's actually Starbucks being mainstream that is the true crisis there.

But you then lost all credibility by having a lemon with your Corona instead of a lime...that's just not done dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.