PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Condor has a habit of drying out unless you put it in a mylar bag and seal it up.
Thanks condorlover1, but I've finished it off today, after sucking 4 packets of Condor down my throat in the 1 week since I received my latest clay pipe.
Man - it went down well!
As it's such a strong tobacco, I lost my footing last night and staggered backwards into a tree!
The COVID-19 pandemic is a good time to do a smoking abstinence as this is a respiratory infection and smokers are said to have weakened immune systems, although this seems to apply more to cigarette smokers.
I don't think I'll get nicotine withdrawal symptoms after smoking all that Condor; it'll probably still be in my system for the next month!!!!
Once again, I think all that Condor smoke has accelerated climate change!

Reactions: hauntedmyst

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I bought a pouch of Condor after receiving my latest clay pipe as I fancied a smoke of tobacco to try it out. It's a very strong tobacco and I can agree with some other reviewers in this website about the strength, nicotine content and how it can give a huge nicotine rush and increase your heart rate! I lost my footing and ended up walking backwards into a tree! However, it smokes well in my clay pipe, with a good thick smoke and leaving a fine white ash. I can agree that the ash went all over my clothes, as another reviewer has said. I enjoyed the full flavour of this pipe tobacco and have smoked 4x 25G packets of Condor in the last week - it went down well in my clay!

Pipe Used: Clay cutty pipe

Age When Smoked: Fresh from pouch

Purchased From: Co-Op, Chesterfield, UK

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
After smoking 2x 25G pouches of Condor in the week since I got my latest clay pipe, I feel I should give the pipe a rest for now and go all next month (May) without smoking at all.
I had a few more pipefuls of Condor in my clay yesterday and today (to finish it off), including one last night while wearing my replica 19th century redcoat uniform.
My pipe last night was like these guys in Egremont, Cumbria:
I notice the Condor pouch on the table and look at all that smoke - I don't know how they manage to make that much!
I would like to take part in this championship!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Condor is a bit hit or miss these days. To me they all taste 'off' although a chum of mine in Finland says the flake in the brown pouch is fine and unchanged. We all know my opinion, ably supported by Jim Inks view on the "plug' which is that JTI has has managed to FUBAR it in Poland and it now tastes a pale imitation of the Irish original. I suppose if you are new to the brand you won't notice the nuances that us old timers see. To me it is still a little 'soapy' but it just doesn't have that 'full on' Auntie Mables laundry basket kick to it or to put it another way it doesn't taste of Fairy washing up liquid.
As I'm fairly new to the pipe I've only been smoking Condor since Ballymena closed and production moved to Poland.
The former Gallacher Tobacco factory at Ballymena was bought by Wrightbus to expand bus production.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoke as much Condor as you like. You can also try 'Dark and Mild' which was a half Condor RR and Half Gold Block mixture made up by the local tobacconist in the day when it was decent and traditional tobacconist still existed. I do know how to blow smoke rings but I just don't know how to explain it. Anyone want to jump in here please be my guest. I am sure you heard the joke about the two kids talking? One says 'My Father can blow smoke rings'. The other child responds 'Really? That's nothing. My Father can blow smoke rings out of his arse. I've seen the nicotine stains on his under pants!'. rotf
My pipe videos can be found here:
Thanks for the Captain Black; I really enjoyed it in my clay!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My only problem with Condor is I can't get it to try it here in the states. Would love to get my hands on a plug.

ur welcome ?

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA

ur welcome ?
Thank you! I thought all those EU sites didn't deliver here. Six plugs on the way :) As I understand it, they are quite small, so I figured go big.

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.