PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
I got some aged condor and I didn’t find it soapy at all. And I am hypersensitive to soap taste and smell. I imagine the 5 years of age on it had gotten rid of the essence as it was out of a jar and not a sealed tin.

Dec 24, 2012
Condor is one of those blends I avoided initially but actually quite liked it when I first tried it. I don't smoke it often, but when I do, I enjoy it. I managed to stock up on a fair bit of condor before production was moved to Poland so I should have enough to last for quite some time at the rate I smoke it. Every pipe smoker should try it at least once.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I got some aged condor and I didn’t find it soapy at all. And I am hypersensitive to soap taste and smell. I imagine the 5 years of age on it had gotten rid of the essence as it was out of a jar and not a sealed tin.
It doesn't taste soapy to me...

• Haha
Reactions: condorlover1

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
Gawith Hogarth and co. Balkan mixture does have that Lakeland essence for me. And it’s pretty strong too.

Reactions: BROBS

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Condor is one of those blends I avoided initially but actually quite liked it when I first tried it. I don't smoke it often, but when I do, I enjoy it. I managed to stock up on a fair bit of condor before production was moved to Poland so I should have enough to last for quite some time at the rate I smoke it. Every pipe smoker should try it at least once.
I've only started smoking a clay pipe since it's been made in Poland so can't compare it - it still tastes good and goes down well in my clay though!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Well I hate to rain on your parade but that is not really what would be described as a classic 'cutty' pipe. The 'cutty' was always short measuring 5 or 6" max and usually had a foot. What you have there is a German clay pipe. For your health sake do make sure the mouthpiece is glazed or painted with hard nail varnish so you don't get lip cancer. Here are a collection of small 'cutty' pipes I own to give you a point of reference. Sadly I am all out of clay 'cutty' pipes otherwise I would offer to send you one for comparison as the German clays are quite porous and tend to turn brown and then black after extensive use.

View attachment 27788
@condorlover1 I've found the German clays turn brown and black after smoking them a while; I've only used 2 of them and I'm keeping the rest unsmoked.
I've found that pipe cleaners come out heavily stained after smoking Condor in my clay pipes!

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Been smoking Condor on and off for over 40 years and still love it. The flavouring is of course what makes the blend however the strength of the tobacco also shines through.

I personally like to smoke it in a Falcon but do smoke it in my briars as well. Had a bowl earlier this evening.

WP-20201108-009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.