PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoking Condor right now out of a clay pipe ... the clay is doing something to the soap. It tones it down, and indeed the flowery aspect of the blend is put forward. That is very odd, as I hardly smoke other blends that I like a lot from clay just because I don't like the stinginess of the tobacco as it comes out of clay. I have yet to try it in a meer, but before I take out my beloved block meer (I only have one - and I simply love it), I better make sure it won't ghost the heck out of it. Cob is another thing I will try .. At the end of the day, I think this may all be in my head. Like I initially mentioned, this tobacco grows on you. So like some members said, it may take a while to get used to - by the end of the first pack, we may be friends after all.
scloyd It may be found in duty free, but I don't think you'll run across the old recipe. I think this Japan International, Polish made is all there is available on the market.
virginialover I just ordered a tin of 1792 ... I figured I am finally man enough to face the tonqin.
I've been smoking some Condor in my clay as well. As I've previously mentioned, mine was advertised as a cutty but Condorlover1 says it's actually a German style clay pipe (Link to eBay):
I got into clay pipe smoking after watching English Civil War & British Army Redcoat reenactment and I have a few different ones.
Link to Sealed Knot promotional video on YouTube:
Some images of British Army redcoats smoking clay pipes:
https://flic.kr/p/ouSZaT https://flic.kr/p/8DUx5f https://flic.kr/p/8DRpTX Good cloud of smoke from his Georgian clay pipe!
A few from the Sealed Knot:
https://flic.kr/p/64F53i Ready To Shoot - https://flickr.com/photos/jmalls/2994211873/
Clay pipe - https://flickr.com/photos/dspender/3284785921/
A Pikeman - https://flickr.com/photos/mockneyrebel/394069804/
English Civil War Society - https://flickr.com/photos/petezab/2171846004/
Links to English Civil War reenactment societies:
www.thesealedknot.org.uk
www.english-civil-war-society.org.uk
I've bought a British Army Redcoat uniform and look forward to wearing it and smoking my clay pipe...

Reactions: madox07 and dcon

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Its the flavoring used in SG 'Aunties Panty Drawer' RB Plug. Having been part of a tobacco company I am at a loss as to what in heavens name the stuff is or where its from. Maybe that fellow from S&G might crank his neck out and tell us all.

Reactions: mingc and weezell

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoke as much Condor as you like. You can also try 'Dark and Mild' which was a half Condor RR and Half Gold Block mixture made up by the local tobacconist in the day when it was decent and traditional tobacconist still existed. I do know how to blow smoke rings but I just don't know how to explain it. Anyone want to jump in here please be my guest. I am sure you heard the joke about the two kids talking? One says 'My Father can blow smoke rings'. The other child responds 'Really? That's nothing. My Father can blow smoke rings out of his arse. I've seen the nicotine stains on his under pants!'. rotf
After smoking 2x 25G pouches of Condor in the week since I got my latest clay pipe, I feel I should give the pipe a rest for now and go all next month (May) without smoking at all.
I had a few more pipefuls of Condor in my clay yesterday and today (to finish it off), including one last night while wearing my replica 19th century redcoat uniform.
My pipe last night was like these guys in Egremont, Cumbria:
I notice the Condor pouch on the table and look at all that smoke - I don't know how they manage to make that much!

• Haha
Reactions: mingc

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I had to do a triple take on the title of this thread...at first and second glances, I could have sworn it said "Condom, hate it or love it".

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
After smoking 2x 25G pouches of Condor in the week since I got my latest clay pipe, I feel I should give the pipe a rest for now and go all next month (May) without smoking at all.
I had a few more pipefuls of Condor in my clay yesterday and today (to finish it off), including one last night while wearing my replica 19th century redcoat uniform.
I notice the Condor pouch on the table and look at all that smoke - I don't know how they manage to make that much!
My break from pipe smoking will be next month so I've bought another 25G pouch of Condor; if I can smoke one in 2 days I'm sure I can make it 4 or 5!!!
I've tried to smoke a clay pipe full of Condor as fast as possible but didn't quite manage it and didn't make as much smoke as in the contest!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I've done it - smoked a clay pipe of Condor in less than 2 minutes!
The pipe was glowing like a furnace and it's probably accelerated climate change!
Man - that pipeful of baccy went down well!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
First off, this is not a review, just a rant. I have managed to get my hands on this, my parents brought it over from Tenerife when they went there - I understand that it is a common OTC blend all over Spain though. I am not sure how to describe this blend. After my first bowl all I can say is that ... it's soapy. There are various hints of flowers and other stuff over there, but that casing is so in your face that on my first impression I can't say anything beyond that. It's a fine smoke, no bite, no moisture, easy to handle ... but boy, that soapy stuff sure is persistent. At the end of the day it grows on you, so yes, I will continue to smoke this as at the end of the day it was quite agreeable, but I can understand why some simply love it and some do not at all. Probably in the past there have been versions of this tobacco that were less soapy (?) but this EU made version (Poland I believe) may not the best version of condor. I tried the tobacco in that no name Cavalier I posted about last week ... maybe I should try a different pipe. What do you guys suggest?
I've never gotten my hands on any Condor yet, but am intrigued to try or collect some. Thank you for your post. I had not read about the soapiness, but I have had some Ennerdale enjoyably and yet other "soapy/perfumey blend" (others made me nauseous) not so much.

Reactions: madox07

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoke as much Condor as you like. You can also try 'Dark and Mild' which was a half Condor RR and Half Gold Block mixture made up by the local tobacconist in the day when it was decent and traditional tobacconist still existed. I do know how to blow smoke rings but I just don't know how to explain it. Anyone want to jump in here please be my guest. I am sure you heard the joke about the two kids talking? One says 'My Father can blow smoke rings'. The other child responds 'Really? That's nothing. My Father can blow smoke rings out of his arse. I've seen the nicotine stains on his under pants!'. rotf
I've smoked all my Condor now and I'm giving up pipe smoking for the month of May as a fundraiser for Mamillan Cancer Support.
Link to webpage here:
Guess I should be "Condorlover2"!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Another 3 days till my pipe abstinence starts and I've still got some baccy left - will it keep until June?

Status
Not open for further replies.