PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
We had an older cat and I would fold a cot blanket a certain way so when she jumped on my lap she could go under 3 or 4 layers and stay cozy. She was a stray and it took about a year before she wouldn't burrow herself behind or under something if we weren't with her. She was deaf so living outside must have been very difficult. Cats who have had a rough start just love being house cats!
Taking her in brought a smile to the face of St. Francis. Well done 🍀

Reactions: romaso

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
We had to put Whimzy (shown below) down a number of weeks ago. That left our other cat Brady at a bit of a loss for feline company.

View attachment 168072

My daughter was also displeased with the current cat/human ratio. So below is Brady with his new sisters, Opal (left) and Zia (Right). They could never replace Whimzy but they do liven things up around the house.

View attachment 168073
So sorry 🍀

Reactions: Elric

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I Lost my dog to cancer about a year and a half ago. This little cutie has helped me a lot. I was never really a cat guy before but I am now. She's my little buddy. The first is a picture of her right now as I type on the recliner. Added a few more for good measure.
20220923_001506.jpg
20220921_194147.jpg20220804_000923.jpg20220414_200234.jpg

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Just guessing, but I think cats like pipe smoking because it involves their people sitting still and being quiet. It produces interesting clouds of smoke that drift slowly through the air. It produces interesting smells. It causes people to look at reading material or inward and not at them, which is good cat etiquette. It makes little burning, wheezing, and whistling sounds that are interesting, and also some lip smacking that reminds them of meal time. It often results in their people being seated, which creates a lap or a horizontal leg to warm against. It keeps their people in a companionable mode,so they can find a place to snooze close at hand knowing they have company. Cats somewhat parent their people, and pipe smoking means that their people are close at hand and under good feline supervision, which is important to a cat. And it means that if their people make any moves toward the cat food or treats, they'll be right on the spot.

Once again, a "Like" to each one of these cats. What fine felines.
My cat loves to watch my pipe smoke. It hilarious.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
All I can say boys, don’t piss of the Mrs owning a cat! LOL 😆

1. Wife takes prized pipe while hubby is away at work.

2. Wife packs pipe with catnip.

3. Wife places pipe on the floor and calls Fluffy.

4. Fluffy in a wild rage starts wacking and chasing the pipe and chewing on it. Let’s also not forget he turns it now into his favorite scratch toy, with those nice claws.

Hubby comes home, greeted by his smiling wife, but realizes, there’s Fluffy on the floor going wild with his prized possession, high on catnip! 🐈

LOL rotf

P.S. Dog owners don’t laugh, pissed off Mrs might make your prized possession into Fido’s favorite chew bone toy! LOL 😆

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
All I can say boys, don’t piss of the Mrs owning a cat! LOL 😆

1. Wife takes prized pipe while hubby is away at work.

2. Wife packs pipe with catnip.

3. Wife places pipe on the floor and calls Fluffy.

4. Fluffy in a wild rage starts wacking and chasing the pipe and chewing on it. Let’s also not forget he turns it now into his favorite scratch toy, with those nice claws.

Hubby comes home, greeted by his smiling wife, but realizes, there’s Fluffy on the floor going wild with his prized possession, high on catnip! 🐈

LOL rotf

P.S. Dog owners don’t laugh, pissed off Mrs might make your prized possession into Fido’s favorite chew bone toy! LOL 😆
I'm not worried. My wife won't even touch my pipes.... puffy

• Haha
Reactions: Ebarber and PipeIT

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
420D43CA-56DF-44E5-949F-BA8BD0F5006E.jpeg
Boomer and Chipotle( gray and white)

I found Chipotle temporarily living in a bush over a year ago when I was still doing patrol work. I was on my lunch break eating a burrito from Chipotle. Gave him a piece of chicken and he jumped in my cruiser and never left. Poor guy was skin and bones with tons of ear mites and a eye infection.

62441838-4A6A-4872-A8C3-F8353F27AFB2.jpeg
Gracie

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
View attachment 175426
Boomer and Chipotle( gray and white)

I found Chipotle temporarily living in a bush over a year ago when I was still doing patrol work. I was on my lunch break eating a burrito from Chipotle. Gave him a piece of chicken and he jumped in my cruiser and never left. Poor guy was skin and bones with tons of ear mites and a eye infection.

View attachment 175427
Gracie
You brought a smile to the face of St. Francis 🍀

Reactions: romaso

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I have never been a cat person, we had a dog I adored at my parents place, but I married a crazy cat lady. So the only option when we married and moved in together that we got a cat. I always found cats unpredictable creatures, I insisted in getting a breed that is known for his gentle character so we decided on getting a Maine Coon. We initially got 2, a male and female tortoise colored. The female lives with my sister in law now, she couldn't handle kids very well without the kids doing anything, just being a few feet from her would trigger her to go into attack mode... The male still lives with us, almost 12 years old now, had a rough 2021 with surgery and all that, but he got back quite nice on his feet.

Harvey.jpg