Status
Not open for further replies.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
The box is headed back this way....WooHoo!! :puffy:
Tis true! Tracking: 0099910001253067
It's on its way to you sw0snuff3r!
I think I may have actually managed to pinch more than I put in this time! That said, I added a couple of balkans: White Knight and Magnum Opus, both of which are intended to be similar to the original balkan sobrani. I think we have a pretty amazing selection going on!
I prefer well aged scotch, a minimum of 20 minutes out of the still at the very least. :wink:

I believe that's legally called whisky :lol:
I did cut off a tiny bit of twist but it makes me nervous just having it in the house. I'm finally above 80% health wise and may actually endeavour a pipe tonight! It will probably give me the spins regardless of how mild it is.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'm smoking some of the John Cotton's 1 I squirrelled from the box, and I've just got to say, this could definitely be my new go to. Can't wait to get my hand on a fresh tin!

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
Awesome, I'll be wearing out my F5 key checking the tracking. I get a kick out of the estimated delivery date - Feb. 8! Maybe they dispatched a mail carrier on foot. I'm sure it will get here before then.
Have any of you guys tried that Irish rope/twist? I'm just curious what you think. Haven't read any comments as I've been lurking around.
I've had Brown Irish Twist and Sweet Coconut Twist by Gawith Hoggarth, both of which I found excellent. I enjoyed them on their own but I mostly used them in my "work blends" as the high nic is great for quick smoke breaks. I now have some Cotton Boll which is even stouter yet but has a more neutral flavour. I have some set aside to include in the box.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
The box has always arrived before the expected date. Hopefully you get it soon.
Smoking Cotton Boll sounds like it'd be a memorable experience. I'd love to give it a go.
@drezz, No.1 will probably be a regular for me. Tasty stuff.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Maybe they dispatched a mail carrier on foot.
Now that right there is funny!!
Ya, I'm diggin' the No. 1 as well and the Bengal Slices. I'll be hoarding....I mean acquiring some tins of both for sure. I'll look forward to trying the Balkans drezz. :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I get a kick out of the estimated delivery date - Feb. 8!

tncanada-lost.jpg

I kid, they've done a pretty good job for us. But, don't forget, it's got to get all the way across the barren wastes of Manitoba. (There's no Manitobans here, right?)

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Glad to see things are on the move again. I am pretty sureCanada postmarked the estimates so far away to make it seem like they are doing a good job with stuff getting there on time. We sure have had no complaints so far. I am going to be away from the site for a month as I head "home" to Australia for my brothers wedding. I can take 100g of tobacco without having to pay duty which is even worse there. It has been tough deciding what to take as the weather is going to be much warmer. I have settled on a ton of Old Gowrie and a tin of Dunhill 965. I have not trid either one but I should know them pretty well by March! Pipe selection was a little hard as well but not so limiting! Happy puffing all :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Yeah I've heard we have it good compared to our friends down under. Here is a post by an Australian Redditor about his dues when the tax man came knockin:
WMVA6pk.jpg

Safe travels!! Enjoy the summer!

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Happy travels Scott.
I too think Canada Post tacks a few extra days onto the ETD to make them look good when a package arrives a few days 'early. ' :lol:

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
But, don't forget, it's got to get all the way across the barren wastes of Manitoba. (There's no Manitobans here, right?)
Well. There's at least one left. ;-)
I participated in a previous box pass, and it ended poorly. I'm glad to see everyone going at it again, and that it's going very well.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I participated in a previous box pass, and it ended poorly. I'm glad to see everyone going at it again, and that it's going very well.
I read about the box pass with the bad ending. So far this one is going well and we're having a great time. Would be nice to have a few more fellows involved though....hint, hint. :D

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I think there's an old Cdn box pass thread buried here somewhere. It's a long read iirc.
In other news, Bengal Slices is now available at 4noggins. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :lol:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Glad I read about the Bengal slice as I sit in the lounge in Vancouver airport as it saves a little on the TAD for a little while. I'll have to get some in a month when I get back. Maybe I'll be able to toss a little war horse into the order as well!
Man I am not looking forward to my 15 hour plane trip as my kids are already bouncing off the walls at 9:45 and we don't take off for 2 more hours.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
In other news, Bengal Slices is now available at 4noggins. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :lol:
This is not the news my bank account needed - and they have John Cotton's #1 in too! Must not think of two more blends to pad out my order or bad things will happen.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Hey fmgee I hope the flight(s) were pretty smooth.
Drezz, I just put in an order for 2 tins. These are dark times. I believe shipping has gone up a little bit too, fyi.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Drezz, I just put in an order for 2 tins. These are dark times. I believe shipping has gone up a little bit too, fyi.

No dark times will be if they stop international shipping, just walk into a B&M and check out the prices, even with the low dollar you're still saving at least 20$ on a 50 gram tin, even more than that usually.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
No dark times will be if they stop international shipping
I don't want to think about it.
I was joking around (sort of). Two tins shipped cost about $7 more than just 1 tin purchased locally. I'll just call it 2 for 1. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.