PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Except for cobs, I have one duplicate pipe in my collection. I was looking for a specific shape/manufacturer pipe, it came available but no in my preferred finish, since it was relatively rare I jumped on it. About 6 months later another came on the market in my preferred finish, thus I have two though not completely identical specimens.

I like to smoke when I read and don't like a lot of fuss. I found the Pete Pub pipe to be an excellent smoke whilst reading, and it just goes on and on, so I have a few of them. I do have a Pete Plato, but can't justify the expense of another one.
Also my favorite pipe of all time is the Pete Sherlock Homes original series "Professor". I have two of them and am casually looking for another.
professor.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I like to smoke when I read and don't like a lot of fuss. I found the Pete Pub pipe to be an excellent smoke whilst reading, and it just goes on and on, so I have a few of them. I do have a Pete Plato, but can't justify the expense of another one.
Also my favorite pipe of all time is the Pete Sherlock Homes original series "Professor". I have two of them and am casually looking for another.
View attachment 287961
sweet. But what I want to talk about is your name. Doctor Internet is certainly a scientist of the mad variety. Which is to say I wish you the greatest of success in the playing of God.

Reactions: dunnyboy
sweet. But what I want to talk about is your name. Doctor Internet is certainly a scientist of the mad variety. Which is to say I wish you the greatest of success in the playing of God.
Hello, Bob,
I don't play God, but I call upon help often. The name comes from the deep past, in the early days of the internet, or DARPAnet, as it was called then. I had to come up with a user name and Dr. Internet just popped into my head. I have used it for nearly 40 years. The avatar came about due to the number of people who, upon hearing my login name, would exclaim, "Doctor who?" Well, Who else could it be?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello, Bob,
I don't play God, but I call upon help often. The name comes from the deep past, in the early days of the internet, or DARPAnet, as it was called then. I had to come up with a user name and Dr. Internet just popped into my head. I have used it for nearly 40 years. The avatar came about due to the number of people who, upon hearing my login name, would exclaim, "Doctor who?" Well, Who else could it be?
So it's similar to my story (but way more interesting) as to why some people still call me Pope.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
And now the italians:

Savinelli 106 Punto Oro Gold and Rimini

View attachment 288185

Savinelli 114ks Punto Oro Gold and Oscar Aged Briar
View attachment 288186

Savinelli 401 Punto Oro Gold and Punto Oro
View attachment 288187

Savinelli 702 Punto Oro and Capri Root Briar
View attachment 288188

Savinelli 606ks University and Punto Oro MrG
View attachment 288189

Savinelli 122 Punto Oro MrG and Rossi Vittoria (4x)
View attachment 288190
What gorgeous pipes.....

Michigan_Bill

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2021
Macomb County, Michigan

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Absolutely. I find what I like, and lock on. Unfortunately it takes a few pipes to figure it out.

I got a copy of my first pipe, a bent DR Grabow Lark.

I have had 3 MM Legends and 2 RobRoys.

I bought a second Punto Oro Gold 106 after falling in love with my first one.

Now I discovered Ropp pipes. I bought 2 J07, and when I return a Brigham, I'm buying a 3rd J07.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Lol! I was just looking at one of those to add to my Peterson Sherlock collection. I have the Sherlock Holmes and the Mycroft. I found a Professor in a similar color. I'm not in love with the one I found, but I'm considering adding to the family soon.

1707969437932.png
1707969475183.png

Reactions: Nevaditude