PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
A lot would depend on that. The turkey would have to be Kosher slaughtered and processed in a Kosher certified facility.
Or halal which is super common where I live. I'd just skip the bacon if I couldn't get the real thing. The turkey version is as bad as vegan bacon. I am certainly not opposed to vegan diets and there are many wonderful plant-based foods in the world but Fakin' Bacon ain't one of them (Soyrizo is good though!)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Or halal which is super common where I live. I'd just skip the bacon if I couldn't get the real thing. The turkey version is as bad as vegan bacon. I am certainly not opposed to vegan diets and there are many wonderful plant-based foods in the world but Fakin' Bacon ain't one of them (Soyrizo is good though!)
Yeah, not a fan of anything turkey that's not just straight up turkey. Ground chicken though is great as a burger with barbecue sauce and Swiss cheese.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I have an acquaintance that got bit by a tick and contracted some sort of weird immune issue that prevented him from being able to eat any kind of mammal meat or dairy for a couple of years. He’d have a severe allergic reaction to a sugar that’s in the meat or dairy. He almost died a couple of times. He had to eat turkey, chicken, and fish for that whole stretch.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Agreed. There is not a good vegan bacon.
Believe it or not you can make your own bacon out of strips of carrot and it can be pretty fucking good.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I have an acquaintance that got bit by a tick and contracted some sort of weird immune issue that prevented him from being able to eat any kind of mammal meat or dairy for a couple of years. He’d have a severe allergic reaction to a sugar that’s in the meat or dairy. He almost died a couple of times. He had to eat turkey, chicken, and fish for that whole stretch.

Lyme disease.

Reactions: BROBS
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Agreed. There is not a good vegan bacon.
Believe it or not you can make your own bacon out of strips of carrot and it can be pretty fucking good.
I’ve had carrots before, I ain’t buying that shit. ?
Still, how do you do it? I might give ‘em a whirl. I like to experiment in the kitchen. I know it ain’t gonna be bacon, but it might make my son eat carrots.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Oddly enough... bacon bits are vegan.

I gotta look up the carrot bacon tho I think you marinate them in molasses and liquid smoke?

here’s a couple

This lady’s recipes are usually easy and she’s kind of funny.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Dark Fired Kentucky is tobacco bacon. Latakia is more like smoked salmon.

Been thinking about this, and I disagree. Latakia is definitely the bacon of the tobacco world. DFK is the garlic of the tobacco world. The world is a better place with both of them in it.

Sutliff aromatic chocolates are the vegan tobaccos of the tobacco world. I'm not sure what they are made of but I doubt there is any tobacco in there.

What does @BROBS think about this

?
Been thinking about this, and I disagree. Latakia is definitely the bacon of the tobacco world. DFK is the garlic of the tobacco world. The world is a better place with both of them in it.

Sutliff aromatic chocolates are the vegan tobaccos of the tobacco world. I'm not sure what they are made of but I doubt there is any tobacco in there.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
What does @BROBS think about this

?
Haha Sutliff aros are like the shitty vegan replacement meats that suck such as “Morningstar Farms” (which aren’t even vegan)

Good aros are like the delicious replacement meats out there like Beyond Meat Beer Brats or Gardein Fishless Filets! ?

• Haha
Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.