PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I really like how they "TRIED " to dye it so it look like there was meat and fat pieces. I only had it once my friend and it was banned from my house. I like ground turkey and turkey hotdogs well enough so i thought that was a fair compromise with the wife. She can mix in some turkey burger into dinners as long as its not to obvious.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Food isn't just nourishment; it's culture and habit. Turkey is meat, but it isn't bacon. I would hate to be assigned to invent alternative meat dishes, or non-meat dishes meaning to taste like meat. I can do vegetarian dishes, and could do more of them, but imitation dishes seldom satisfy me in terms of taste. Anyone attempting to go vegetarian needs nutritionist and medical advice, especially if you are older. If you don't get it right, you can have problems -- vertigo, for example, as a family member did when trying a vegetarian diet.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Pretty laughable.. all of this.
even when I ate meat I hated bacon.. why the fuck would you buy throwaway meat covered in salt??

vertigo from eating vegetarian?? I doubt that unless they ate only one item and nothing of nutritional value. Where does meat get its nutritional value? From the plants it has consumed.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So I had some turkey bacon the other day and couldn't help but think of all those Beggin Strip commercials. It kinda smelled like bacon but no its definitely not. I'll stick with the real thing or not at all
seriously. They don't scratch the itch very well. I agree it's best to just go with out. Of course there is a slim chance there is someone out there that knows a recipe in which these things actually taste right in.

Reactions: bnichols23

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Really don't like turkey masquerading as bacon. There is only one bacon.

There's cured bacon; uncured bacon; smoked bacon; maple cured bacon; hickory bacon; bacon with sugar added; Raw bacon. Center cut, thick cut, thin sliced, not sliced. OK, boiled shrimp, fried shrimp.... Ooopps, Bubba got me...

One thing for sure: a "pound" of bacon is trending towards 12 oz.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Bacon is truly the most perfect food..

It's funny that I read this now. I'm actually on my way out the door to go get either a Bacon King or a Baconator.. waiting for the wife to get ready. I think, hmm will they add even more bacon if I ask?

But yea, I'll eat turkey bacon.. It's some kind of meatish product, so I'm in.

One more thought.. which tobacco blends go best with bacon?

Status
Not open for further replies.