PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Any idea what will fit in these with normal density? How many grams/ounces of ribbon? Will a regular Mac Baren flake fit in unmolested?

Reactions: BROBS

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Actually making good progress. The CNC machine is talking to the computer. Our tech dude Odd Ball has drawn everything out and maybe tomorrow we will chuck a lump of wood into the machine and give it a whirl. The faux bakelite version isn't too bad but its still not up to the standard I want. If it isn't perfect in every way it gets smashed. I am still trying to source the humidifier elements to be recessed into the lid.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@BROBS Thats very interesting. What I am looking for is something the size of 1/2 dollar which has a filament similar to a humidor that will fit into a machined recess in the lid so its flat and contiguous to the domed top of inside of the Baccy Flap. The idea is to provide a constant humidity to the tobacco without the risk of warping or cracking the wood if another source of moisture is used.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
@BROBS Thats very interesting. What I am looking for is something the size of 1/2 dollar which has a filament similar to a humidor that will fit into a machined recess in the lid so its flat and contiguous to the domed top of inside of the Baccy Flap. The idea is to provide a constant humidity to the tobacco without the risk of warping or cracking the wood if another source of moisture is used.
Does it really need a humidifier? I think I might rather have one that doesn't have one. Having said that, it sounds like you looking for something like this:
001-545-0011.9815.jpg I have some and they work rather well. Soak one and then toss into a jar with the dry tobacco. In a couple of days, you'll have rehydrated leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.