PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Koool!!! I did it. Here I am smoking one of my Favorite pipes (Rustic Savinelli) out in our backyard.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Hi - Okay I got my avatar to look like me in Forums - but the same old Avatar ends up in my profile? How do I change that? Whenever I go on your website it shows the same Prince Charles drawing - flattering - but not me.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hi Bob, I noticed that my avatar on the home page looks exactly like me. It's as if Kevin came into my home and shot a photo. Kevin says that it's just rotated stock automatically assigned to newbies who don't have an avatar, but there are you are--it's my phone. I tried to get that as my avatar in the Forum, but ended up with some geometric identicon. How can I get the photo on the home site to be my avatar in the forum? thanks, Eric

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Eric, I answered this in the PM that you sent me. To read your PM's, scroll to the right side of the screen while on the main forums page and click the private message link. I will answer it here as well.
You will have to save the pic to your computer and then upload it in the forum avatar section.

sander

Lurker
May 18, 2009
The Netherlands
I gotta thank you for this Bob!

I wanted to change my avatar but I only noticed after a while that I was changing the wrong one.

I was annoyed but not anymore.

tatanka

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
I can't do it either! Once you have the picture you want (in my case it's in My Pictures) what do you do with the photo first before you click on the change avitar on the PM site?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Tatanka,
You may have to re-size the photo so that it fits within the allowable size. Then you should be able to upload it as your avatar on the main site and on the forums.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Bob:
I have resized my photo in Avatar and it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Salewis

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
It doesn't work for me either, I click on the "new member" and scroll right and there are NO four boxes, much less anything saying "avatar".

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
Never mind, I found it. After step one you have to go to step one and a half and click on "edit this information" THEN you can scroll right and click on avatar (step two). Gotta give us old guys ALL of the button pushes or we just don't get it. :lol:

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
OK, I know what is going on.
I just went and looked at it again and the tabs that I listed are actually covered up by the top navigation bar. This happened after the site redesign. Some things in the back end are still kind of broken. The profile page is one of them.
With this in mind, do like Bubble head said and scroll down to the bottom of the profile page and you will see your profile. Click on the 'edit this information' link and you can upload your avatar that way as well.

Once the profile page is fixed, the tabs will be visible again and my original instructions will work.
Sorry about the confusion.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
If you look at the top navigation bar on the far right you will see the bottom of the boxes peeping out,click on the right hand one (pointer will just activae it ) and that will bring Avatar Change up. Thanks Bob for pointing me in the right direction :D

Status
Not open for further replies.