PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8rt8r

Lurker
Mar 5, 2013
Thanks Bob for the avatar help. What a pain in the butt. I figured when you uploaded an avatar in your profile it would automatically appear in the forums. Now I no why so many people dont have a pic.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
having a lot of trouble with the avatat, never had this much trouble on any other forum. I uploaded one, and even managed to get it cropped nicely with the buggy crop feature. I got it set up and it shows up in my profile page when I look at it but not on the public page or on the forums, I really like the people on this forum but the website is driving me a little nuts, and Im certainly not bad with computers. Any ideas?

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My wife finally figured out how to resize my avatar in photobucket and copy it to my picture file on the computer. Then she went to the edit profile and downloaded my new avatar.
BUT, it doesn't show when I post anything. She just smiled and said it was up to me at this point and walked away saying something about "laundry". Help!

unclefester13

Lurker
Aug 9, 2013
I am going to give this a try. > > > > Well, I tried, but the size exceeds the max . . . so how do I shrink the photo on my computer. Not computer savvy . . . can anyone help?===================update . . . I figured it out just hope I can remember it when I go to change it.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
well, i have adited/resized my avatar, it shows it in my profile, and still hasn't shown up ?? huh..

Rincewind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Okay, got it to work per your instructions Bob. I was trying to do this in the "my account" profile after creating a new account and was having the same problems as the others above. Apparently, creating a "forum" avatar is a separate process altogether and can only be done AFTER creating a post then following your instructions. Hope this helps other newbies like me.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
test
PMon_zps11e5bd1e.jpg

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
My avatar's showing up sort of compressed looking, as you can probably see. It looks fine in the Upload Avatar window but when it appears with a forum post it looks like this. Any idea what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.