PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Romaso wins the prize. Not only does he get a lifetime supply of McClellands and Eskimo Pies but I'll throw in an autographed copy of The Hawklin Monster and one of my tins of Pelican.
Thanks!

You’re just going to drop that tidbit out there and not elaborate?
Cosmic, I think you'd like his (Richard Brautigan) book 'A Confederate General from Big Sur.'
Pretty funny, especially if you've got an overabundance of frogs...

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I live in chronic deshabille such that my daughter won't be seen in public with me, and this carries into how I keep house. For instance there are more than a few objects that should have been thrown-out weeks ago between me and my bed, which I will be seeking shortly, but cleaning them out always loses to my general attitude that I just don't give a fuck, an attitude that allows wearing a shirt with multiple food stains down the front for days longer than would others.

I adopted this attitude after a decade of poverty where to pay my bills I had to deny myself all manner of things that were heretofore part of my middle class definition.

So I became lower class? I don't know but I certainly could not afford to continue as I had. And somewhere in this I developed the attitude that I no longer had to do things/buy the things that I had in the past. I stopped caring. I said I don't give a fuck.

Reactions: workman