PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Holmes and Watson went on camping trip. Watson looking at sky remarks to Holmes about the wonders of the solar system. Points out to Holmes the stars such as Venus and Jupiter and full moon that was lighting up the camp ground. Turning to Holmes who was smoking his pipe, Watson asked Holmes..."What does all this mean Holmes?". After a few moments of thought Holmes replied "Someone stole our tent Watson!". rotf
Obviously with a full moon, all those stars wouldn't have been visible. I don't believe this story at all!

Jan 27, 2020
Sure we do but only when we know them well enough to understand how to give a sideways compliment. And there is are few compliments bigger then to say how rare your reaction to one single individual truly is. That no other woman could continually captivate or make one nearly forget about the attention of the whole rest of the world.

Bob, I recall you chastising me for hiding certain things from my girlfriend, now I read that you have trouble keeping one longer than a few months. I cannot help but to see a correlation.

Reactions: JOHN72

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Bob, I recall you chastising me for hiding certain things from my girlfriend, now I read that you have trouble keeping one longer than a few months. I cannot help but to see a correlation.
oh I've been with the same woman since 2000 April 29th specifically. But she's the only woman that didn't bore me after a few months. And I still feel like honesty is paramount to a relationship, even if just so the other person can make an honest appraisal of you and hence how they'll live their one and only life. Not saying one should never ever stretch the truth but with certain things honesty is the only right answer.

Jan 27, 2020
oh I've been with the same woman since 2000 April 29th specifically. But she's the only woman that didn't bore me after a few months. And I still feel like honesty is paramount to a relationship, even if just so the other person can make an honest appraisal of you and hence how they'll live their one and only life. Not saying one should never ever stretch the truth but with certain things honesty is the only right answer.

Bob, you are a gent of the heart I can see.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I literally have no idea what's going on in this thread lol...

giphy.gif

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@workman. OK this one for you......

Holmes and Watson lived together and were domestic partners. One weekend in August Watson decided to go to the Brighton Pride Festival on his own since Holmes was working on the case of the 'Twisted Testicle of Darlington'. Come Saturday evening Holmes was rather bored and fancied some 'rough trade' so he went out to trawl Baker Street for a suitable young man. He returned home a little later with a rather attractive rent boy and one thing led to another and he had the fellow bent over the sofa when he realized he had no personal lubricant. Spotting a jar of Lemond curb jam he decided to see if the would work so he dipped his 'John Thomas' into the jar and was about to mount the rent boy when Watson walked in spluttering...."Holmes what are you doing". Holmes smiled and responded 'Lemon-entery my dear Watson"! rotf