PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Dune Spice Wars Early Access, been playing a lot of Stellaris so this was an easy transition, its good so far looking forward to some updates. Really been into these 4x style grand strategy games lately, super easy to play with a pipe.

Reactions: Donb1972

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I still play Skyrim and I’m amazed it’s been around for ten years. Problem I have now is the lack of precision with the thumb sticks on my Xbox1 controller. Getting old is a bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: Donb1972

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
I still play Skyrim and I’m amazed it’s been around for ten years. Problem I have now is the lack of precision with the thumb sticks on my Xbox1 controller. Getting old is a bitch.
Get some VR and try it then. I know they’ve rereleased it about 50 times but VR is the only rerelease worth its salt.

Reactions: Peter Turbo

Charrington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2022
Flagler County, Florida
Skyrim and Fallout are my favorite.

Elden Ring and Red Dead Redemption 2 are also up there.

I have won a lot of Final Fantasies.

However, I am confused with all the numbers so don't know which ones I have beat.

Reactions: Peter Turbo

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Still bashing my way through Red Dead 2.

I started it a couple of months ago but don’t play every day. I’ve completed pretty much all of the side missions and challenges and have one more set mission to complete the 2nd chapter. That means I probably have a year to go before I finish it all.

Sometimes I’ll just go off exploring and hunting for a week or so (of game world time). There are so many interesting things hidden in the game world I doubt anyone has seen it all. The canned missions are kind of tedious.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I still play Skyrim and I’m amazed it’s been around for ten years.
I'm still playing and enjoying Morrowind, and that came out 20 years ago.

Nowadays bashing my head against Dark Souls 3, I played Dark Souls 1 and consider it among the finest games ever made.

Flipside, I caved and put in some proper hours on Divinity: Original Sin 2, which a couple of friends I rate very highly as RPG gamers said is "the best", reached the last area and just left it with no desire to come back OR barely any recollection of the 30-odd hours I put in it. Most overrated game and franchise ever, and puts me off from even looking at Baldur's Gate 3, given it's also made by the same company.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I'm still playing and enjoying Morrowind, and that came out 20 years ago.

Nowadays bashing my head against Dark Souls 3, I played Dark Souls 1 and consider it among the finest games ever made.

Flipside, I caved and put in some proper hours on Divinity: Original Sin 2, which a couple of friends I rate very highly as RPG gamers said is "the best", reached the last area and just left it with no desire to come back OR barely any recollection of the 30-odd hours I put in it. Most overrated game and franchise ever, and puts me off from even looking at Baldur's Gate 3, given it's also made by the same company.
Dark Souls is the last game I really devoted any time to. I spent a lot of hours with that game and enjoyed every minute of it. I tried playing through DS3 but just couldn't get into it like I did the first one. I've heard it's pretty good though.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Dark Souls is the last game I really devoted any time to. I spent a lot of hours with that game and enjoyed every minute of it. I tried playing through DS3 but just couldn't get into it like I did the first one. I've heard it's pretty good though.
I'd call Dark Souls 1 poetry in gaming, without the slightest sense of sarcasm. What makes it work is the alienation felt, interconnectedness of the map, sense of danger at every step, but also the fact the game is fair like few others I've ever seen in 30 years of gaming. Also the controls are balanced just right in my opinion, and are very crisp. Also all weapons are viable!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'd call Dark Souls 1 poetry in gaming, without the slightest sense of sarcasm. What makes it work is the alienation felt, interconnectedness of the map, sense of danger at every step, but also the fact the game is fair like few others I've ever seen in 30 years of gaming. Also the controls are balanced just right in my opinion, and are very crisp. Also all weapons are viable!
oh yeah there isn't a right or best build. Though the resistance stat is the one over powered stat. Or in other words the one I ignored on several play throughs, well didn't pump up to insane levels. And the pyromancer is the over powered one in my opinion.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Re DS3, I think objectively it is a better game. It maintained all that worked well in DS1 and added to or didn't mess with them. You can really tell the developers poured hard work into it, the attention to detail is staggering. Graphics are better and the game is faster.
I feel DS1 is a poster child of the saying "greater than the sum of its parts" though.
You can't get the magic of DS1, frankly I lost it at New Game + myself and only finished it once.

One of my brothers says Sekiro and Bloodborne are also amazing but I don't have a PS and can't get into the Japanese aesthetics of Sekiro, so Elden Ring will be my next move when I finish DS3.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
oh yeah there isn't a right or best build. Though the resistance stat is the one over powered stat. Or in other words the one I ignored on several play throughs, well didn't pump up to insane levels. And the pyromancer is the over powered one in my opinion.
Dunno, tried to play a mage type and just wasn't enjoying it. Overall I think I played the whole game hiding behind a shield, something apparently Miyazaki hated, so made Bloodborne to require players to be aggressive to stand a chance. Still I can't parry for shit so failed at playing a thief type in DS1, though I hear it is a ton of fun.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And somehow this boss is less hard and creepy then the last three tiered boss in Sekiro. I mean I beat that guy up there in one gaming session and he also doesn't crawl out of anyones dead body.
And loads easier than Gehrman.