PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cragdhack

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2021
Romania
I've been trundling along with a friend in Deep Rock Galactic.

This game is seriously good and the developers are marvelous. No microtransactions, season pass is full and free for everyone, heaps of content and a damn awesome progression through weapons, modifications and cosmetics. Never felt so badass before by just getting the materials to unlock a new beard.

It's also made to be pure fun with insane weapons and gadgets and the ability to get some R&R at the spacerig with a jukebox and a great variety of beers (Some of which are there only for silly effects for fun, others literally giving the dwarves a significant buff for the next mission).

Not only can you play with up to 4 players, it is perfectly fun to go solo as well, as you then get a floating robot companion that follows you around like a puppy (and even barks), capable of supporting you for any mission type so you can have a go at the game solo as any one class.

Speaking of classes, the co-op aspect hinges on asymmetry. I may play as an engineer and my friend as a scout, so if we want to mine out some minerals on a high wall I can launch a platform on there and he zips to it with his grappling hook. Maybe he plays as a driller and digs a long, narrow tunnel and I'm a gunner that can hose down all the monsters trying to get to us through there.

Rock and Stone, lads!

Reactions: CallMeSangy

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
I've been trundling along with a friend in Deep Rock Galactic.

This game is seriously good and the developers are marvelous. No microtransactions, season pass is full and free for everyone, heaps of content and a damn awesome progression through weapons, modifications and cosmetics. Never felt so badass before by just getting the materials to unlock a new beard.

It's also made to be pure fun with insane weapons and gadgets and the ability to get some R&R at the spacerig with a jukebox and a great variety of beers (Some of which are there only for silly effects for fun, others literally giving the dwarves a significant buff for the next mission).

Not only can you play with up to 4 players, it is perfectly fun to go solo as well, as you then get a floating robot companion that follows you around like a puppy (and even barks), capable of supporting you for any mission type so you can have a go at the game solo as any one class.

Speaking of classes, the co-op aspect hinges on asymmetry. I may play as an engineer and my friend as a scout, so if we want to mine out some minerals on a high wall I can launch a platform on there and he zips to it with his grappling hook. Maybe he plays as a driller and digs a long, narrow tunnel and I'm a gunner that can hose down all the monsters trying to get to us through there.

Rock and Stone, lads!
Deep Rock is great fun with friends. Great little game that only I out of my group really enjoyed. Never picked it up after a few sessions since playing with strangers just doesn't feel the same.

Reactions: cragdhack

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh, I’m such a pc gaming geek, I live for this stuff, and I use to be an extreme Linux Geek, Slackware, but ever since building my latest box with an Nvidia 3080, gaming is all I do... LOL

I got back to modding Skyrim, like everyday countless hours, I have a little over 300 mods installed, making it look realistic next gen.

I also love FPS, Apex Legends, since day 1. Oh, Fortnite Zero Build is a really fun Battle Royale, without the building.

I’m actually modding in Skyrim as I type this... LOL 😆

PC Gaming is how I maintain my youth and sanity. LOL 😆

If you need to get your mind young and moving quick again, play and get good at Apex Legends! ;)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
The thing is, there are so many of them out there that are very realistic and adult oriented, which makes it so cool.

Not just all kiddie games. ;)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Ahh Elden Ring, it looks decent.

I’m in the Cheap Boat now when it comes to games, and computer parts.

I never buy anything when it first comes out, I always wait for the prices to drop.

This is especially important with new computer parts, still needing to work out bugs, bios/firmware updates, etc..

There are so many bloody games out there, I probably won’t touch Elden Ring for at least a year, until they’re giving it away.

OH in case anyone is not aware, Epic always has free game giveaways! Just look under the Free section! :)

I recently scored around 10 really decent popular game titles, for whatever reasons, they offered them free. I always login and check out what free games they are giving away. ;)

Reactions: karam and crawdad