PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Dunno, tried to play a mage type and just wasn't enjoying it. Overall I think I played the whole game hiding behind a shield, something apparently Miyazaki hated, so made Bloodborne to require players to be aggressive to stand a chance. Still I can't parry for shit so failed at playing a thief type in DS1, though I hear it is a ton of fun.
My first playthrough I went with a heavy build. Then I decided to do a dex build. Dark wood grain ring for the flips and the Washing Pole and the Uchigatana dual wield hahaha. Damn now I really want to play it again

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Dunno, tried to play a mage type and just wasn't enjoying it. Overall I think I played the whole game hiding behind a shield, something apparently Miyazaki hated, so made Bloodborne to require players to be aggressive to stand a chance. Still I can't parry for shit so failed at playing a thief type in DS1, though I hear it is a ton of fun.
one of the most fun playthroughs i did was a no extra life or new gear i.e3. starting gear only theif play through got really good at dodge parry backstab though took for ever, but dang you can tear through guys but some areas are nuts catacombs for example involved running dying
And loads easier than Gehrman.
the only contradiction to that is you will have less supplies after gehrman

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
one of the most fun playthroughs i did was a no extra life or new gear i.e3. starting gear only theif play through got really good at dodge parry backstab though took for ever, but dang you can tear through guys but some areas are nuts catacombs for example involved running dying

the only contradiction to that is you will have less supplies after gehrman
After about 20-30 tries with Gehrman I got really good with parrying. For the Moon Presence I tried to stay behind its right back leg.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've been big into Steam and Discord lately now that I'm a stay at home dad. Any one else? I'm slowly building my collection when games are on sale.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I’m a huge fan of Elder Scrolls games including their MMO ESO.

lately though, been playing Apex Legends, and some Phasmophobia just because I love how scared ppl get playing it.

if anyone games in VR (HTC, Oculus, etc) I also have one of those

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
went back recently to my fallout 4 survival mode play through. Which is in my opinion the most fun way to play that game, and it has the unintentional hilarity of making your character a big napper. You only save when you rest. So you finally get half way across the map to the raider out post and then find a tree with a sleeping bag to take a nap before attacking them. You beat them and then oh man I just need to give my eyes some rest before walking back to a settlement (no fast travel, which I try to avoid using as much as possible, unless it's in game like the wagon guys outside the towns in Skyrim. Though Deliverance Kingdom Come had the best fast travel. One you need a horse and when most games put you on a loading screen it shows a chess piece moving on the map, but the best part is you will still have random encounters and how that works depends on your stats. High stealth you get a pop up that says something like "you see a blankety blank in the middle of committing blankety blank" and you get options for what you want to try. If you have bad stats for stealth you'll just get a pop like you're getting attacked by bandits. I wish more games did that. I personally can't help but wonder how does the shouty dragon man in skyrim avoid dragons when fast traveling from one side of the map to the other. Like really nothing of note happened the whole time? I justify the wagon travel with the assumption that the drivers are the biggest bad asses in the game. Attacked by a dragon for them is like annoyed by a fly.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Total War Warhammer's big three game spanning mega campaign, Immortal Empires, came out yesterday. Anyone else playing it yet?

Started up a Belegar Dwarf campaign and stayed up way too late. First time really exploring the new diplomacy stuff and it's great, had only played as Khorne prior to IE's release so didn't see much diplomacy :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: username

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Headphones are a must.
good i always use headphones when gaming. Mainly because of immersion less distraction less likely to bug anyone mainly the cat he sits on my lap when i game and sudden noises make him jump or bite me (he's a bit insane sweet boy though). And miss less sounds that way. Also cheaper then getting quality speakers. But the game looks great and unlike other games

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
Phasmaphobia is great. This is gonna sound wild but ya'll should check out Farming Simulator 22. It's about all I play anymore. Sooo relaxing and fun, but not easy!