PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Hmm I don’t follow the console scene, so with a lot of console titles, if they’re not PC released, I don’t know about a lot of them, like Armored Core.

I certainly know a lot of the famous and old classic console titles.

Yeah PC gaming is bloody expensive but I finally coughed up for this 3080, and oh my, talk about killer graphics... :)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I mentioned earlier, I’ve been modding in Skyrim, been at it daily for six months, it’s a lot of work, but I really love bringing it more to life.

A few screen shots, how it looks on a Nvidia 3080.

Here’s my character.

E3E18D60-B127-4A88-B531-7808DFE9F87E.png

12D43B23-271A-48F2-982F-D198BE649E4C.png

The Tundra at Whiterun. Oh speaking of Tundra, where’s that @alaskanpiper at? Maybe he’ll like this Tundra... LOL 😆

45B26D50-D03A-4BD5-A522-59A037D52A93.jpeg

P.S. You really need to be on a PC, so you can zoom these up and see the detail. ;)

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I mentioned earlier, I’ve been modding in Skyrim, been at it daily for six months, it’s a lot of work, but I really love bringing it more to life.

A few screen shots, how it looks on a Nvidia 3080.

Here’s my character.

View attachment 173616

View attachment 173617

The Tundra at Whiterun. Oh speaking of Tundra, where’s that @alaskanpiper at? Maybe he’ll like this Tundra... LOL 😆

View attachment 173618

P.S. You really need to be on a PC, so you can zoom these up and see the detail. ;)
😂😂😂

Looks like home!

• Haha
Reactions: PipeIT

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Get good with Bloodborne or Dark Souls.
That's an interesting point, I think it's all about managing expectations. What I mean is yes the games are unforgiving: mess up two three times in a row and you're done, there's no pause button or replenishing health bar, but on the other hand it's just getting in the Soulsborne zone. I actively avoided the series because I thought I'd get very frustrated if I tried...until I tried and DID get very frustrated as early as the Undead Settlement in DS1, but I've been on these games almost exclusively since January and loving it!
There're no real "hard" bosses, in the sense that play them enough and they will all go down eventually. I mean, even Ornstein and Smough - a fight which I knew way before I played any Souls game - I took them down on my second attempt without having watched a guide or anything, I simply dragged Ornstein around the room getting some damage in here and there and then until he was dead, and then simply avoided/punished Smough until he was down. Soul of Cinder was uninspired, in my opinion, Gwyn on the other hand was very atmospheric, and the melancholic music was spot on. Artorias was epic, Nameless King and Lorian were epic, Midir and Gael less so - they are endurance fights more than anything - but overall and caveat that I haven't played Bloodborne or Sekiro, I do not find the series HARD, just unforgiving.

Of course people make it artificially hard by playing with lv1 characters and broken hilts for weapons, but that's not how the game is meant to be played!

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
been getting back into nightmare mode for A.C. Odyssey. Not a perfect game but yet really fun and addictive. I suggest the nightmare mode because it stops the early onset of overly bad assed protagonist fighting what seems like paper dolls.
Odyssey is my favorite of the series. I love the setting of Greece and Odyssey's characters. Eivor feels so bland, to me, in comparison to Kassandra. I love how in the first few hours you see her or Alexios take a punch straight to the face, and then stick a valuable jewel up a goats ass to save Barnabas' life. The game's not everybody's thing, but it just clicked with me.

Reactions: anotherbob

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
I wish From Software would get back into their Armored Core series.
My first and only Armored Core was For Answer. I can barely remember it, but I can recall wanting to buy AC5 back when that first came out. Never got around to it and I regret it, since I no longer have my PS3 and there's no easy way to play it like on PS now or the new PS plus streaming.

Games in the past felt a lot more unique and creative than today's, that's for sure.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My first and only Armored Core was For Answer. I can barely remember it, but I can recall wanting to buy AC5 back when that first came out. Never got around to it and I regret it, since I no longer have my PS3 and there's no easy way to play it like on PS now or the new PS plus streaming.

Games in the past felt a lot more unique and creative than today's, that's for sure.
I got hooked on it from first playing it on a demo disk that came with the original PS1. The fast paced sorties were amazingly fun to play, and even they had From's signature moonlight weapon.

Reactions: CallMeSangy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Odyssey is my favorite of the series. I love the setting of Greece and Odyssey's characters. Eivor feels so bland, to me, in comparison to Kassandra. I love how in the first few hours you see her or Alexios take a punch straight to the face, and then stick a valuable jewel up a goats ass to save Barnabas' life. The game's not everybody's thing, but it just clicked with me.
Origins was almost good. The french one was terrible. It was clearly they really focused on multiplayer and the guy in the single player game felt like a lame knock off of the previous guys from better games. Odyssey though has some flaws but is really good. I haven't tried the Viking one yet.

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
Origins was almost good. The french one was terrible. It was clearly they really focused on multiplayer and the guy in the single player game felt like a lame knock off of the previous guys from better games. Odyssey though has some flaws but is really good. I haven't tried the Viking one yet.
As far as Unity goes, my first thought was to disagree with you. But, like you said, you are right on your take on the multiplayer and single player thoughts. Its protagonist was definitely lacking and felt generic. I'm definitely partial to Unity, as I really enjoyed the French Revolution setting. Loved the game--especially the muder mystery missions, because I'm a sucker for a murder mystery-- but it was a mixed bag that's for sure.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
As far as Unity goes, my first thought was to disagree with you. But, like you said, you are right on your take on the multiplayer and single player thoughts. Its protagonist was definitely lacking and felt generic. I'm definitely partial to Unity, as I really enjoyed the French Revolution setting. Loved the game--especially the muder mystery missions, because I'm a sucker for a murder mystery-- but it was a mixed bag that's for sure.
I liked the murder mysteries at first. Especially with the hint that they'd get harder, but they really didn't. :(

• Haha
Reactions: CallMeSangy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What's your preffered build? Strength with an amgydala arm in one hand and a cannon in the other? Or maybe arcane, carrying a huge wheel and shooting tentacles out of your hand?
I'm giving bloodtinge a go this time. Big fan of a level 10 saw cleaver and the burial blade though.