PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
DISGUSTED with Elden Ring, asked for a refund, got refused. Really this game is the first in a very long time which made me ragequit so hard. And it's not even about dying or anything, I can deal with that in a Souls game, it is the absolute lifeless empty world, and no sense of purpose or reward for spending my precious few gaming moments per week on it.

Reactions: Deano

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
DISGUSTED with Elden Ring, asked for a refund, got refused. Really this game is the first in a very long time which made me ragequit so hard. And it's not even about dying or anything, I can deal with that in a Souls game, it is the absolute lifeless empty world, and no sense of purpose or reward for spending my precious few gaming moments per week on it.
Playing Elden Ring a while back had me feeling similarly. Sure I thought the world was beautiful, and it was nice exploring caves and what not, but I suppose what I felt otherwise was the "lifelessness" of the world. It felt largely less engaging than the souls games (sekiro included).

Time for me to head back to the Demon Souls remake. Not the same as the original, but it still holds up my fond memories of the old ps3 game.

CallMeSangy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2022
Central Virginia
Anyone tried out the new Tactics Ogre? Been taking it slowly the last week or so. Definitely a few steps forward and a few steps backward from the Playstation Portable version. I've never tried the original SNES, so I can't say much on that, but it's good to see that such an old and niche series is still alive today.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Just finished Red Dead Redemption 2. All the main storyline, side missions and quests. Took about a year, but I don’t spend nearly as much time gaming as I used to.

Not sure what to play next.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I still need to finish this one. Working 6 days a week, sometimes 7, doesn't give me much personal time. I have a lot of games to get through.
71xEQ9JrCpL.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I am gamer too. The last games i finish, God Of War Ragnarok and Elden Ring. Excellent games. Now i am looking for far cry 6.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I’m coming to gaming later in life—having been a big Space Invaders fan back in the day—and I focus primarily on third-person story-based games: Horizon: Zero Dawn, the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, Uncharted, a number of the Assassins Creeds, The Last of Us Parts 1 & 2, etc. The only first-person game I’ve played was Bioshock: Infinite, which I really enjoyed…but that was despite the perspective.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Hogwarts Legacy is out now for PS5, XSX, PC (04/04/2023 for ps4/xbox one).

Resident evil 4 remake (24/03/2023 release day).

Dead Space Remake is out now for PS5/XSX/PC.

All three, good choices.

I just finished the main story on the Hogwart’s game yesterday. Admittedly, I bought that one for my daughter and then decided to play it ahead of her to make sure it was age appropriate (she’s 11).

It kinda grabbed ahold of me and I haven’t been able to quit playing it lately, which has gotten me back into games, which has made this winter without booze or tobacco a little more manageable. I’m thinking about firing up the Switch in the next few days to see if there’s anything on there worth playing, too.

Thanks for the other recommendations. I’ll check them out!

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
I see Nintendo remastered Metroid Prime. I have it for Gamecube and its a great game. Unfortunately my old hands cant use a controller very long at a time. So my Gamecube, PS2 and PS4 dont get much use anymore. I still enjoy MMO's on PC. Played most of the big ones and have been playing LOTRO the last 2 or 3 years.

Reactions: GetOffMyLawn

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I don't play them...would be just another time consuming distraction...the last time I played any type of video game was decades ago.

But if any of you guys were really serious gamers, you'd want to play with this headset:

“The idea of tying your real life to your virtual avatar has always fascinated me—you instantly raise the stakes to the maximum level and force people to fundamentally rethink how they interact with the virtual world and the players inside it,” Luckey wrote in a blog post explaining the project. “Pumped up graphics might make a game look more real, but only the threat of serious consequences can make a game feel real to you and every other person in the game.”

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
I don't play them...would be just another time consuming distraction...the last time I played any type of video game was decades ago.

But if any of you guys were really serious gamers, you'd want to play with this headset:

“The idea of tying your real life to your virtual avatar has always fascinated me—you instantly raise the stakes to the maximum level and force people to fundamentally rethink how they interact with the virtual world and the players inside it,” Luckey wrote in a blog post explaining the project. “Pumped up graphics might make a game look more real, but only the threat of serious consequences can make a game feel real to you and every other person in the game.”

They're really cool. I got one back in like 2018 and there's a few games I'll still dig it out to play with, Beatsaber, Warthunder and other plane games are big ones. I tried to play Skyrim on it and nearly threw up from the motion sickness.

I know they came out with a newer version that doesn't have any wires, that would be really nice.

Reactions: brian64