PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wildlands

Might Stick Around
Jan 17, 2022
NC, USA
I never actually understood what remastered means in video games
Like @shanelktown said, it will be a graphical overhaul of the game basically. Since it was originally released in 2015, they can make a lot of changes to be more in line with today's standard for high end graphics (hopefully). The remastered version will also be free for anyone who already owns the game. ?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Like @shanelktown said, it will be a graphical overhaul of the game basically. Since it was originally released in 2015, they can make a lot of changes to be more in line with today's standard for high end graphics (hopefully). The remastered version will also be free for anyone who already owns the game. ?
The Witcher 3 is the newest game I play, other than that we’re talking games 20-30 years old so any graphics of this century are amazing! Hell I even still like WoW classic’s graphics.

Wildlands

Might Stick Around
Jan 17, 2022
NC, USA
The Witcher 3 is the newest game I play, other than that we’re talking games 20-30 years old so any graphics of this century are amazing! Hell I even still like WoW classic’s graphics.
Haha, I love WoW's graphics too. We are probably in the minority on that one though

Reactions: karam

Wildlands

Might Stick Around
Jan 17, 2022
NC, USA
Played any Classic? I played a lot, all the way up to and including 4 horsemen, then quit TBC very fast.
I didn’t, mainly because I didn’t have friends to play with. I definitely would have though. Last time I played WoW was mainly during TBC, Wrath and Mists way back when.

Reactions: karam

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Just finishing Wolfenstein: New Colossus. Awesome game and it's even more awesome because the creators haven't tanked the game with poor sequels the way so many do.

Reactions: keith929

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I didn’t, mainly because I didn’t have friends to play with. I definitely would have though. Last time I played WoW was mainly during TBC, Wrath and Mists way back when.
Eh, i took a “small steps” approach, overall Classic, despite what the players did to it, was a great trip. Pity is the magic faded for me in TBC. In the original WoW I played hardcore in vanilla and TBC, then trailed and finally quit before Icecrown launched. Played very little cataclysm, mists, and pretty much can’t even name the expansions after that.

Reactions: Wildlands

Pipesandstuff

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2021
Orlando, Fl
Love the witcher 3. Still amazed how all the side and fetch quests never felt redundant. Ima sucker for stories, love naughty dog games, tomb raider reboot.

Myst got me hooked on video games, Blade Runner was soo much fun. Although I remember the text based games, some of the early Zork games, I think? And then Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island games.

Currently "playing" Deliverance Kingdom Come, but my family and work keep interrupting me. Psychonauts 2 on my list to play too

Reactions: Rockyrepose

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Love them, though I was never a great player. I like the old ones. Some of the newer ones have too many button combinations so I defer to older stuff. I love the artwork and analog music and the worlds within. I probably only get around to playing 1x/month at best. I prefer book reading and physical activities more frequently. The gaming is more of an occasional guilty pleasure since I’m not a youth.79627052-CA9C-4713-ADEE-EA0006444CCE.jpeg

Attachments

• A33362D4-15FE-438B-A04E-5633C266647E.jpeg
    A33362D4-15FE-438B-A04E-5633C266647E.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 2

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
doing the new game plus of Nioh 2. What a great one if you like the souls kind of challenging game. What really rocks in that game is how well the combat is tuned and how much skill it takes. Like there are a lot of options and you have to learn to use them correctly. Great game also too the way they do weapons only so many types but they all act different and at least some great looks on them too. And also on days I have more time to play doing a second play through of Pillars of Eternity which is a lot easier the second time.

Reactions: Pipesandstuff

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I have never owned a Playstation so when Sony ported God of War to the pc I've been playing practically non stop. Finished my latest pc build this winter so it looks pretty fantastic on this rig. I also have a couple of buddies playing Hell Let Loose but have yet to load it up.

20220202_214842.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
Hit 2000 kills with my M40A5 in Battlefield3 (PS3) tonight, so checked my M40A5 stats again:

M40A5 (12x Scope, no other upgrades)
Shots Taken: 8591
Hit Percentage: 47%
Kills: 2000
Headshots: 1648 (82.4% headshot kills)
Longest Headshot: 1266 meters

Compared to my numbers at 1500 kills...

M40A5 (12x Scope, no other upgrades)
Shots Taken: 6528
Hit Percentage: 46.6%
Kills: 1525
Headshots: 1266 (83% headshot kills)
Longest Headshot: 1266 meters

...basically everything stayed the same. Accuracy went up a little, & headshot percentage dropped a little. I've been taking lower-percentage shots & felt like I've been missing more often, but I guess not really. Longest headshot is the same shot as before. I've had a couple of opportunities to try hitting that 1800m shot on Operation Firestorm again to match my longest shot from my old PSN account, but couldn't get it. It's tough especially without a "red arrow" spot to line up on, which I didn't have this time.

Lately it seems that someone has been booting BF3 PS3 games using cheats, which is too bad. A lot of people have stopped playing due to it, & it's tough to find a game of Operation Firestorm outside of the standard DICE servers, which seem to be unbootable to the booters. Standard servers are limited to low ticket count "100%" games, so usually short games. I like at least 300% tickets, the more the better for longer games. But you have to buy a server to do that. But the hacker/booters kept disconnecting players in order to divert everyone to their server, but now no one bothers to play in the booters server either. Good job, idiots.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
So lately I've finally given the From Software "Soulsbourne" games a try, namely Bloodbourne and Dark Souls III. Been enjoying them quite a bit but there's been a few times I've lost my mind. Usually will die with a bunch of souls/blood echoes/video game bucks. Will go to retrieve them, only to get backed into a corner or trapped by multiple enemies I took too lightly, killing me and causing the souls to disappear forever. Then I say, "Fuck this game," and turn it off, only for it to start eating at my brain until I pick it up again. ?

I actually don't find either game as hard as Nioh, which I was unable to finish
I just started Dark Souls 1, it's been a game I knew I would love the setting (pure medievalesque, undead, demons) but had avoided because I play games to relax rather than get angry. This is for sure not a relaxing game! You need to tiptoe around, enemies give no quarter, bosses need to be understood before they can be beaten, and as you say you can lose your "money" very easily. The lack of saving or pausing is a pain, and the fact every enemy respawns at rest is also very annoying!
But, BUT it a damn good game, damn it!

I want to play Divinity Original Sin 2, it's in fact a game I attempted twice so far, the first time it took me about 1 hour to give up in disgust, the second time I gave it a few days of my time only to get hopelessly stuck in a maze, party separated, characters dead with no clear idea of how to revive them. The only reason I want to go back at it is because a couple of gamer friends whose opinions I really trust have said for years that it is "the greatest RPG ever made". Polar opposite to Dark Souls though, the whole game is one big pause, and needs careful planning, observing and strategic thinking.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I just started Dark Souls 1, it's been a game I knew I would love the setting (pure medievalesque, undead, demons) but had avoided because I play games to relax rather than get angry. This is for sure not a relaxing game! You need to tiptoe around, enemies give no quarter, bosses need to be understood before they can be beaten, and as you say you can lose your "money" very easily. The lack of saving or pausing is a pain, and the fact every enemy respawns at rest is also very annoying!
But, BUT it a damn good game, damn it!

I want to play Divinity Original Sin 2, it's in fact a game I attempted twice so far, the first time it took me about 1 hour to give up in disgust, the second time I gave it a few days of my time only to get hopelessly stuck in a maze, party separated, characters dead with no clear idea of how to revive them. The only reason I want to go back at it is because a couple of gamer friends whose opinions I really trust have said for years that it is "the greatest RPG ever made". Polar opposite to Dark Souls though, the whole game is one big pause, and needs careful planning, observing and strategic thinking.
the secret it's not a hard game. The souls games I mean. They're just exacting. patients experimentation and care. Don't boss fight with lots of souls spend them first!

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
the secret it's not a hard game. The souls games I mean. They're just exacting. patients experimentation and care. Don't boss fight with lots of souls spend them first!
Yeah, I'd agree. A lot of trial and error. A sneaky aspect of Dark Souls is that a lot of monsters and bosses have suuuuuuuuuper slow animations for "loading" their attacks - clearly to give you time to react - but when the attack comes it is lightning fast.