PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Finally got off Hades and have been playing the Yakuza Remastered Collection of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. I have really enjoyed Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2. I really dig that they default to Japanese audio with English subtitles. They still do a great job with the English localizations, but I feel like a lot of the game's Japanese-ness is preserved, if that makes sense...

Also looking forward to Elden Ring. Also pretty excited for the God of War sequel.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Finally got off Hades and have been playing the Yakuza Remastered Collection of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. I have really enjoyed Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 and 2. I really dig that they default to Japanese audio with English subtitles. They still do a great job with the English localizations, but I feel like a lot of the game's Japanese-ness is preserved, if that makes sense...

Also looking forward to Elden Ring. Also pretty excited for the God of War sequel.
if you like the Yakuza games the Fist of North Star game by the same people is awesome. Basically same set up but post apocalyptic with martial arts and exploding heads.

Reactions: danimalia

cragdhack

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2021
Romania
I've put off trying Phasmophobia for a while, since I've been busy with other titles.

I can safely say I'm in love with the game, though I have to admit I have yet to play it without someone in co-op or on a voice call while I stream to them. It is superbly well made, even if it's just version 0.4 at the moment.
I only play in VR, which may be a factor as to why this game has messed with my sleep in some nights.

I fully recommend it, for solo or co-operative gameplay. VR users can enjoy it with non-VR users too, so nobody is left out.

kuchiki

Lurker
Nov 15, 2020
My last video games were csgo and Noa. Second ones is crypto simulator. Where players build a deck of 16 hero cards and 10 support cards and whrn the game starts, 4 random hero cards are placed on the battlefield along with 2 random support cards. I found that game on top crypto games and decided to play.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Playing Visage right now. Finding out that the main character shares my name made the immersion more surreal than it already was.

Jun 27, 2016
Went back to Battlefield 3 online (PS3) after a long break due to my PSN account getting nuked & me not being able to figure out how to make a new one that would work on BF3 online. Eventually I found out a trick that I read about online & initially had dismissed it as nonsense. Turns out it works. BF3 PS3 online wouldn't let me log on with my new PSN username until I had first loaded up Battlefield Bad Company 2 & went online with that (yes apparently there are still active BFBC2 servers), & then when I went back to BF3, it would allow me to log online with my new PSN account. Something to do with other EA online games still being able to authorize your unique email address that you provide to EA network during setup of EA server games when using a new PSN account. BF3 won't do it automatically anymore, you have to use another EA online game to "process" a new account in order to get online to any EA server. After the first time of doing that, BF3 goes online no problems.

BF3 looks pretty good with the MClassic, as I didn't have that before. I did have to shut off the "120 hz auto motion" feature of my tv set, or things would look odd. The auto motion helps some games & hurts others.

Servers are still active enough to find decent games regularly, although it's not like it was in its hey-day. Still fun to run around & snipe. I drew up a scope-dope chart & use various methods to range my targets. On my old account I had around 9800 kills with my M40A1, 12x scope, no other add-ons. Around 80% of those were headshots, & I was shooting with around a 35% hit percentage. Longest headshot was something like 2790 meters, which is pretty far with the M40. Hold-over puts the target nearly at the bottom of the post. I made that longest shot two or three or maybe four times, all in one match against the same two guys, & it required someone up ahead to 'mark' what I was shooting at. It was a pretty sick shot, probably had about 5 seconds of hang-time. Eventually the two guys who I kept hitting flew out in jets to where I was, bailed out on top of me, & assaulted me hand-to-hand since they were unable to make the shot against me. I had been hiding behind a jeep for some cover so I jumped in & ran one over (whilst tooting the horn), & I think I got the other one with the mounted 50cal. on the jeep, or with my hand-gun (probably tea-bagged him afterwards lol).

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
started Ghost of Tsushima again and even though it's super repetitive I love that game. I like that style of game with not overly hard complex combat but that requires paying attention and knowing the controls and options. Though it does have one little niggle. Which is I mostly fight head on not sneaky in the game. Like the huge fights yet everyone complains I don't do that about how sneaky and not honorable he is. The cut scenes don't match the in game action. But not really their fault.

Jun 27, 2016
Edit- my longest BF3 headshot as described above was 1790m, not 2790m. Funny how my memory added 1000m. It's basically one of the longest shots you can take across the Operation Firestorm map without landing a transport heli somewhere further out to shoot from. My longest with my new account so far is 1200m. Holdover for that is about mid-way between the third & fourth crosshair on an M40 with the 12x scope.

C&D Fanatic

Lurker
Oct 9, 2021
Canada
I was an Xbox devotee until the 360 ended and the new generation came out and I realized I didn't want to start in the rat race always updating and changing so I haven't had a console since. No interest in pc gaming. I play pokemon go occasionally with my buddies since they all play it but that's about it now

Paul 3.0

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2019
Anderson, SC
Yep grew up on the NES in the early 90s, then a Genesis, a Saturn, a Dreamcast, a PS2, Xbox 360 and now a PS4. I also have a gaming laptop I do most of mine on now as my kids have basically housed my PS4. New systems are hard to lay hands on.
Huge nerd prefer rpg's the mass effect series was life changing (my son was named Shepard). The Witcher series was great and Witcher 3 I think is possibly the best game ever made.

Yeah I play currently finished up my first run through of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and I play the tabletop Pathfinder game on weekends

Jun 27, 2016
Just crossed 1500 kills with my M40A5 in Battlefield 3 online, so I figured I'd check my M40A5 stats on battlelog:

M40A5 (12x Scope, no other upgrades)
Shots Taken: 6528
Hit Percentage: 46.6%
Kills: 1525
Headshots: 1266 (83% headshot kills)
Longest Headshot: 1266 meters

Compared to my original handle where I had around 9800 kills with the M40, I'm currently running with a slightly higher hit percentage, & headshot kill percentage is about the same, & my longest headshot is a far way off from my original 1790 meters, but that was a tough shot & I doubt I'll get close these days due to lack of opportunity.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
got Far Cry 6 and not bad and Monster hunter world which really taps into your ocd even if you think you don't have any. And you get a cute little cat man helper which improves any game. I named mine lil buddy.
I am just going to double down on that theory that most games would be better if you had a little cat guy to help you. Normally I hate the computer npc whose supposed to help you they usually get in the way or just annoy. But a little cat guy who brings his own raft by the way is just awesome. Oh and you can dress him up too.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Any FPS gamers on here as old as I am? (63)
I've been playing, off and on, since the original Doom came out. I've played Doom, Quake, Halo, and COD.
I recently got back into it. Bought a gaming PC and I've been having a lot of fun. The problem is, with multiplayer I get my ass kicked all over the place. The App AimLab did a study and they found that after 40 the reflexes and coordination drop off drastically. And the older you get the worse it gets. I actually used to be pretty good with COD4 originally came out. I can't even get a game on the Remastered version on Steam. Nobody plays it anymore. Halo MCC I get my ass kicked bad every time. So I'm forced to play against Bots now just to have a fighting chance. My comment is... everyone gets older. Eventually all these young hotshots will get old too. There are no servers for us old folk who can't keep up anymore. Does anybody else see an opportunity here? Or am I wishfully thinking