Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
My wife needs a phone upgrade and has a birthday coming up so I headed over to the local Bestbuy to take a look at phones yesterday. I noticed the sign they had up at the door stating they were getting a shipment of GPU's in October 1st, well it was the 6th and I basically dismissed the sign. Once I got in the door the greeter asked me if I needed any help and I told him my mission to look at phones. In passing I asked if there had been a line for video card sales on the 1st, he chuckled and said they had campers spending the night out in front of the store before the sale. I talked to him about not paying scalper prices and my need for an upgrade on my PC without sleeping outside. I walked out of the store with this at MSRP.

20211007_213726.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
IMG_2721.JPG
Picked up some stuff for the winter, although I played Confrontation over the weekend on the revival servers & it wasn't that interesting. Too bad BF3 official online servers are shutting down soon.

Also spent some more time running the Dreamcast through the MClassic & dialing in the dedicated Dreamcast input on the TV, & it makes for a very nice improvement over the already impressive 480p VGA signal. My 'benchmark' was Shenmue 2 & looking at peoples faces in the backgrounds & as they approached the camera. Much less pixelated & more well-defined with the MClassic. Everything on the DC looked better through the MClassic after checking most of my games out. The only time I had to make further adjustments to my TV settings was running F355 Challenge during the Magic Weather 'sunset' or 'overcast' scenarios, where I had to turn off the TVs Dynamic Contrast setting, or the pictures would look overly red or green, respectively. I found that the Dreamcast in my overall setup looks better with the TV Dynamic Contrast set to High, except for those two instances.
The more I use the MClassic, the more I notice the improvements. Details on PS3 GTA5 such as reflections on the water or ripples from the rain look a lot better now. Locking the PS3 at 720p & letting MClassic do the rest seems to be the way to go. PS2 SOCOM looks really nice as well, going from 480p to 1080p. SOCOM was weird to dial in the TV for even without the MClassic in the chain, maybe something to do with the PS2 using YCbCr colorspace through the component cables & the OSSC being able change that to Full RGB hdmi colorspace when processing the 480p signal, I'm not exactly sure. But the PS2 images through the OSSC will look too light in 480i until the game switches to 480p during the initial load-up.

Reactions: danimalia

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
Overwatch player on PC here, mostly healer, but I haven't been playing so much lately.
I should also resume The Witcher, so I can start The Witcher 2 and 3.
I'm also new to Warframe but I found it a bit boring lately, it's ok to play when you want to pass some time.

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Yes and no. Im not a fan of most but every so often I find across one I like. Only once I start to enjoy one I have issues stopping and find myself neglecting basic requirements for survival like eating and sleeping?‍♂️ So I no longer allow myself to even turn on my system between March and Mid October. Basically my work season. Currently 241hrs into Assassin's Creed Valhalla forcing myself to take a break after my 3 all day run.
Before that it was Red dead 1 & 2, Skyrim (Which I played an entire winter) and Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Inspired Idler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Denver, CO
I used to play a ton of Rocket Arena 3 (Quake III mod) and Team Fortress 2. I haven't had much time for games in the past few years because I have a toddler running around. I've tried to play a few times here and there but I'm so rusty that I get salty and rage quit haha.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The hype for that game was so over the top I didn't think it could ever live up to it. Finally got it and yep, its amazing.
There just has to be something so internally satisfying about the gameplay loop... I've been playing it for like a month straight. I cannot tell you how many times I've had something to do IRL, but I'll tell myself that I'll do just one more encounter (dungeon room), and then boom, it's an hour later and I'm still playing it. It is super addictive.

Reactions: twoonefive

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I played two years’ worth of WoW Classic, and just a month of TBC Classic, somehow the magic was gone. Playing through The Witcher 3 for the third time, still find it among the greatest games ever made, there’s real love poured into this game.

Oct 19, 2021
Playing games is like any other entertainment hobby that people like. Playing sports, watching movies, reading books, drawing, etc. But personally, playing games (change gamertag) is my top entertainment of mine. It’s fun, it’s complex, you can play with friends and families, and it’s sometimes relaxing if you play the right game.