Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
BAdgFA2.jpg

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
This last one will probably mystify a lot of people who never watched the old Godzilla & Gamera movies, but that's OK. The pipe-specific comics mystify everyone else. :D
That clay pipe with the regular stem is awesome. I've been looking to get a clay pipe, too.
There's been some brief, idle talk on Reddit's pipe group about getting together a group buy of Prungnaud's clays. Dunno if it will go anywhere, probably not, but I may try putting together an order myself one of these days as I'd like to get some new ones.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Excellent work, I missed the last one when it was posted, glad gigger reposted.

Always puts a smile on my face, thank you.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
These are fun... my favorite so far is the commissioned pipe. Great stuff

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I assume you've all seen and played the "Choose your own adventure" game version of the comic now, yes? I posted it sometime after the Halloween strip above. You can find the link on the comic's site. It's basically just a "Choose your own Adventure" as a comic strip, where you, the player, have to try and navigate through an entire pipe discussion without going off topic or getting totally derailed. Baragon and K8ty are there to "help", of course.
I'll have a new strip up pretty soon, though the holidays pretty much squashed my comic making for a while. Testing and mixing the new colors for our own cast rod stock for the Yule Pipes was a real bear, and ate up November and half of December which is why the last comic update was back near Halloween. More soon.
As for knowing pipers pretty well... :) Well, I've been on and around pipe forums ever since I founded the first pipe board on AOL back around 1990 or so. So, I've been through AOL, Compuserve, Usenet, the hundred fractured forums that popped up after ASP exploded, and now the hundred new clubs that are all congregating on Facebook. Let's just say there's a lot of potential humor there to mine from.. :puffy:

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Thanks, guys! Alas, there's been a huge absence of the lizards for a while now - This has just been a hell of a year for us, due to recurring family health crises with elderly parents, so I haven't had the time nor the motivation to get any new strips done. I'm hoping things will smooth out a bit, though considering that my wife's mom is now back in the hospital again for the third time this year, I'm not sure when this will happen...

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Trever, you have no IDEA how funny I think this stuff is!GOOD SHIT!!!! God Bless that things settle down for ya...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Seeing the current Talbert thread inspired me to bump this wonderfully hilarious comic creation of his for newer members who may not have seen it yet.