PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I'm not really worried about it. I'm perfectly happy to just post the pics here too, for general amusement. The only downside is that they have to be shrunken down a bit to fit into the forum frame size restrictions, but it's not a big deal. I don't really view pipe forums as advertising venues, I just hang out and talk. If anybody wants to find out more about my work, it's easy enough to Google and it saves me from having to think like a damned marketer.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Heh, these are brilliant! Thanks Trever!
Here's the link: http://lizardsandpipes.webcomic.ws/
EDIT: RSS feed address: http://lizardsandpipes.thecomicseries.com/rss

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I saw a recent pic of a Halloween Pipe or yours, Trevor, posted by a member here and only this a.m. found this thread. There seems a similarity or continuity in style.

I wish I'd been around / aware when you were getting title suggestions. The one is just so long and descriptive as to be worthy of its own panel.

What came to me as I read these cartoon panels immediately involved a reference to the limbic system, because I associate that with reptiles and I associate reptiles with dinosaurs.
I thought of a few.
Y'er Limbic Life

Pipeaholic Limbiciles

What's in Godzilla's Gourd Today?

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I think I am semi-settled on the insanely long title just because it is insanely long... It's sufficiently ridiculous in its own right that I think it fits the strip well. Appreciate the suggestions, though! And, of course, I could still change it tomorrow if the mood strikes me. I'm treating this comic as my sandbox, really.
Upcoming strips will see a new character, more clay pipe discussion, more old movie discussion, and further silliness. Basically the same thing you'd get if you sat and had a beer with me for an hour.

May 31, 2012
LOL

Great stuff!

:lol:

Too funny!
. . . . . . . . .
Godzilla lists one of estate pipes on eBay...

images

...Minty fresh!

Almost new except for slight radioactivity and minor teeth chatter!

No rim char because I always use a soft flame!

:P

May 31, 2012
dd0.gif

OMG!

LOL!
That is *perfect*.
So true too.
The pacing is excellent, I love that pause, the 2 panel punchline following it hit hard in the gutbucket with deep bellowing laffs, and again, the expressive qualities of those dudes is amazing!
Plus, I actually learned a little something about I hadn't known about.
a5e04963baf5a6ff5731de973f68233d.jpg

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
It's taken me a while, but I just posted a new strip. Enter... the Sophisticate!
9q5ye82.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Lol! I love these strips. Trevor you should do these with some of the pipes you craft and send them out with the pipe when it is sold. It would be cool to own a goblin pipe and a copy of the strip related to it. :) Great stuff!

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Lol! I love these strips. Trevor you should do these with some of the pipes you craft and send them out with the pipe when it is sold. It would be cool to own a goblin pipe and a copy of the strip related to it. :) Great stuff!
You know, I've thought about that but I'm kind of reluctant to use this strip as a vehicle to market my own work. As far as I'm concerned, this is just me goofing around and having fun, and if I tried working my pipes into it, it would probably just come off as "product placement advertising" and could just end up looking crass. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Jan 8, 2013
I see where you're coming from Trevor. Doesn't mean you can't do it specifically for the pipe without posting it on the site... that way you're not advertising. Also only the owner of the pipe sees the strip that was made specially for him.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Thats a great read, thanks Trever. Guess I'm kind of like Baragon. :lol: While I was reading the Alien's lines, I for some reason read them in Cell's voice from an older cartoon.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I see where you're coming from Trevor. Doesn't mean you can't do it specifically for the pipe without posting it on the site... that way you're not advertising. Also only the owner of the pipe sees the strip that was made specially for him.
That's actually a really good idea. A printed & signed custom comic would make a very funky and cool addition to one of my high grades.