PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I registered, seems pretty straightforward. You can set a starting bid, a buy it now price, reserve price, you can have your auction run from 1 to 30 days and you set the shipping, small, medium or large flat rate box.

Reactions: Brendan and scloyd

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I was watching a tin of Three Nuns form the 90's that had a bid of $306. I wonder what the final bid was? There's no way to check completed auctions.
I think if you "watch" the item, you can then go to your account and see the item, after it sells...........
I saw that tin, but did not have it in my watch cue.......... last I saw was $306 too............

Reactions: scloyd

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Posted an auction to check it out, but wanted to change the order of the pictures, it’s not super clear how to arrange them when you create, hint you can drag the image rows when you create your posting, no way to edit or cancel auctions. I thought i must be missing something but alas no, i emailed them and was told “those features will be available in October”, they were nice enough to cancel the auction so i could repost.

their customer service reply was fast and helpful, big points for that though!

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I’ve been watching the esoterica and McClelland stuff … $400 for stonehaven, 200+ for every other esoterica product …. McClelland 40th selling at 170-180 , saw some on this site quickly sell for 165 . If these prices are legit, which I think they are , damn…

I would list some stuff but don’t want to deal with shipping international especially to China , can you block international bidders ???

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I’ve been watching the esoterica and McClelland stuff … $400 for stonehaven, 200+ for every other esoterica product …. McClelland 40th selling at 170-180 , saw some on this site quickly sell for 165 . If these prices are legit, which I think they are , damn…

I would list some stuff but don’t want to deal with shipping international especially to China , can you block international bidders ???
Don’t recall seeing that but if it’s international shipping tinbids generates the shipping label, figures costs and even sends tryouts the customs declaration paperwork. From what i see all country regulations are on the buyer, which should mean as long as you drop at the post office and have a receipt for sending it you are done with your end. But I’d email and ask.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018

I don't think you can block or pick and choose what countries you'll ship to. From what I read, Tinbids sends you the shipping label with the customs form already filled out. Seems pretty simple. I have one tin listed just to check out how the who.e process works.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Don’t recall seeing that but if it’s international shipping tinbids generates the shipping label, figures costs and even sends tryouts the customs declaration paperwork. From what i see all country regulations are on the buyer, which should mean as long as you drop at the post office and have a receipt for sending it you are done with your end. But I’d email and ask.
We must of been typing at the same time. It seems pretty simple. When my tin sells and I get paid and ship it...I'll post my thoughts.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Bought a tin, ‘92 Christmas Cheer . It will be interesting to see how long the process takes … the checkout was super quick and easy, but tinbids waits until money received from credit card company before having consignor mail out tins . I’ll post how long It takes .

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Wanna know why they don’t. This. Would you still complain if this was your sale? Lol

View attachment 163000
You are very right there … it probably is worth it to pay more for postage , insured type mail, on my end if I can get those prices … other very popular pipe and tobacco consignors have changed shipping policies and now charge a lot more for international shipping , because it’s really hard to track packages to say China

I do have esoterica to sell , and those prices blow my mind .

Reactions: fireground_piper

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
You are very right there … it probably is worth it to pay more for postage , insured type mail, on my end if I can get those prices … other very popular pipe and tobacco consignors have changed shipping policies and now charge a lot more for international shipping , because it’s really hard to track packages to say China

I do have esoterica to sell , and those prices blow my mind .
Buyer pays shipping, and the labels are provided by tin bids, all you have to do is drop it in a box and slap on the labels, they also send you the correct customs labels, once you drop it in the mail it's not your problem anymore. I'm not sure how the guarantees work but I'm positive it's buyer beware especially buying from other countries.