PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Those prices look incredible. @scloyd any updates on your sale?
Tinbids couldn't be any easier. The buyer paid Tinbids with Paypal. Tinbids provided me with the label and released the funds to me once I shipped the tin. I dropped the package off at the PO and within an hour, I got paid. The tin arrived to the buyer in two days.
The total time from when the auction ended and the time I got paid from Tinbids was about 6 hours.

The buyer is in the U.S., so no international shipping involved.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Tinbids couldn't be any easier. The buyer paid Tinbids with Paypal. Tinbids provided me with the label and released the funds to me once I shipped the tin. I dropped the package off at the PO and within an hour, I got paid. The tin arrived to the buyer in two days.
The total time from when the auction ended and the time I got paid from Tinbids was about 6 hours.

The buyer is in the U.S., so no international shipping involved.
I’m loving it yet hating it, some of the stuff i enjoy buying at a fair price here will end up there and out of reach ?

Reactions: AcesAndEights

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I’m loving it yet hating it, some of the stuff i enjoy buying at a fair price here will end up there and out of reach ?
I feel the same way. Some of the blends up for auction are way out of my price range, especially if I want to stay married...and I do.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I feel the same way. Some of the blends up for auction are way out of my price range, especially if I want to stay married...and I do.
I just want a roof over my head. I do have a handful of C&D tins from the 2004 range that i had no idea how to price I’m thinking of putting them up in one aged lot and let tinbids do it’s thing.

to be honest esoterica and McClelland never did it for me, i know the horror, but I’m thankful now ?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I just want a roof over my head. I do have a handful of C&D tins from the 2004 range that i had no idea how to price I’m thinking of putting them up in one aged lot and let tinbids do it’s thing.

to be honest esoterica and McClelland never did it for me, i know the horror, but I’m thankful now ?
I'm sending you a private message soon.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
The prices are intriguing. I too have some aged Esoterica and McClelland. (Almost all bought at regular reasonable retail prices.) Wasn’t really planning on selling it, but this may be enough to persuade. ?

Reactions: scloyd

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Have these guys explained that if you use a Pak N Mail or a UPS store and they find tobacco in the package they will not ship it. I always use computer parts or art supplies as a description.

So how much can I get for all my 2012 Stonehaven 8 ox bags.
Also will these guys be telling the feds how much we are making and selling, will there be a tax liability?

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
It’s pretty wild, seemingly unreasonable. There’s 2022 esoterica bags going for hundreds. If I was a retailer this, would certainly make me want to think of ways to capitalize on the price discrepancy in some form on fresh product.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It’s pretty wild, seemingly unreasonable. There’s 2022 esoterica bags going for hundreds. If I was a retailer this, would certainly make me want to think of ways to capitalize on the price discrepancy in some form on fresh product.
Plenty of retailers are doing just that, selling to Chinese agents who then ship it overseas.

At some point the air will go out of this market but for now it's expanding

Reactions: fireground_piper

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Cream bags? About $720 per bag. Yeah, it is that screwed up out there.
jesse, cream bags? What are those? When I got my bags they were all stamped with a 35.00 price tag and I wrote the date on them when they came in. Don't tell me I have to go looking the colors of Stonehaven for the right color bags. Did they change the colors after 2012?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
jesse, cream bags? What are those? When I got my bags they were all stamped with a 35.00 price tag and I wrote the date on them when they came in. Don't tell me I have to go looking the colors of Stonehaven for the right color bags. Did they change the colors after 2012?
It was either 2011 or 2012 that the bags were cream and since have been gold. Aficionados will cream in their thongs over cream Esoterica bags.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Have these guys explained that if you use a Pak N Mail or a UPS store and they find tobacco in the package they will not ship it. I always use computer parts or art supplies as a description.
Tinbids uses USPS and since they're providing the shipping labels with their name on it, have license to send tobaccos through the mail. At least, that's a theory.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Perhaps just a coincidence, but the volume and prices have both gone WAY up since sponsoring this forum! I have no idea what other marketing things they’ve done, but what’s that say about us? ?

Reactions: Razorback