PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'd suggest the site owners/administrators add email notifications of auction progress similar to what other sites do
I'm receiving emails after I am out bid. The email states "Bummer! You've been out bid." Then there's a link to the auction I'm bidding on so I can log in and bid again.

There are definitely a few kinks that need to be fixed.

Reactions: shanez

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Well looks like I’m shipping to china 😡 have to see how this crap works. I used the contact for to ask about customs forms they said they would fill out and supply. I’ll update when i know more 🖕🇨🇳
Please keep us updated. One of my auctions was won by someone in Tehran, Iran. They have not paid, so I may not be shipping the tin.

Reactions: alan73

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
The International kink is a big one needing ironing out, because if you are USA based, under a .com, then USA should not have to ship overseas.

The simple thing for TinBids to do, is just purchase one separate domain and list this for the International Bids. Look at ebay, as an example, they have .ie and uk domains addresses and many others, it’s why you do this, for people to buy and sell exclusive to those regions, besides costs...

Does anyone when TinBids became a sponsor?

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
As I’m saying .COM;

When .com came this was under USA sites, you didn’t see in the beginning foreign companies under .com, even today, mom and pop, or big foreign businesses rarely use .com.

The vast majority of the USA is under .com and consumers are use to it, expect and assume it’s all in the USA.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
As I’m saying .COM;

When .com came this was under USA sites, you didn’t see in the beginning foreign companies under .com, even today, mom and pop, or big foreign businesses rarely use .com.

The vast majority of the USA is under .com and consumers are use to it, expect and assume it’s all in the USA.
A lot has changed in the last 30 years……

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I didn't think we were suppose to do any kind of business with Iran
I wouldn’t classify sending a tin of tobacco as “doing business with Iran”…… A shipping container? Yes. Could be an American living in Iran buying that tin. But full disclosure- I know nothing about this.

Reactions: scloyd

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
A lot has changed in the last 30 years……
You’re right, it’s true, it’s more diverse today. There are foreign companies, even our foreign site sponsors under .com domains.

I was only trying to point out, that it seemed like people were confused on the International shipping, not knowing if they had to ship internationally is all, I’m not sure.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
You’re right, it’s true, it’s more diverse today. There are foreign companies, even our foreign site sponsors under .com domains.

I was only trying to point out, that it seemed like people were confused on the International shipping, not knowing if they had to ship internationally is all, I’m not sure.
It’s all spelled out in the “terms and conditions “ section. Tinbids generates the label for you, whether it’s domestic or international shipping. The return address on the label is to Tinbids- As a seller, I don’t really care where the package goes- it’s sent with tracking numbers.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
So back on track, still waiting for them to email me a label and filled out customs forms, guess they don’t work weekends, no no i know it’s a small operation, i just want to get this in the mail and be done with it.

another note is with all the 2022 esoterica popping up I’m guessing we won’t be seeing any of that ‘round here 😂

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I'm still a little fuzzy on this international shipping thing. Does TinBids completely fill out the forms? Is there required disclosure on contents? Are contents disclosed as tobacco? Speaking for myself I would be unwilling to make false attestations on international shipment documents.

Reactions: fireground_piper

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I'm still a little fuzzy on this international shipping thing. Does TinBids completely fill out the forms? Is there required disclosure on contents? Are contents disclosed as tobacco? Speaking for myself I would be unwilling to make false attestations on international shipment documents.
They are suppose to fill out all forms and email them to you with the proper shipping label, have no idea what they put, as it’s been three days and I’m still waiting for them to email me the forms but I’ll report back when they do. All that matters is as soon as you drop off the package your responsibilities are done.

There are suppose to be requirements about a shipping timeframe i guess it’s different when it’s international.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
They are suppose to fill out all forms and email them to you with the proper shipping label, have no idea what they put, as it’s been three days and I’m still waiting for them to email me the forms but I’ll report back when they do. All that matters is as soon as you drop off the package your responsibilities are done.

There are suppose to be requirements about a shipping timeframe i guess it’s different when it’s international.

Thanks. I'm curious, and I'm sure others are, what the process entails and what disclosures are required.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Ok this is irking me. When i do a trade or a sale or a bomb or make a wish, i always send immediately or the very next morning when the post office opens, if i buy i pay as soon as i get notice, his waiting for days for documents and labels is actually really bugging me, i like to think it’s because i like to get things i Ned to do done and not ocd, trust me i put off work quite a bit lol but when dealing with people i think it’s just respectful and how i prefer to be treated. They need to get this taken care of.