PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Keep us in tune! I was wondering about this myself.
I've sold a few things there, never any problem, well one guy that didn't pay and i think the guy got the boot, i re-listed that item and sold it no problem. I've sold a few items there, if you have some weird problem with people in china buying your stuff it might not be the site for you, I think everything I have sold goes to China, they actually have a decent system in place, they tell you when payment is made and you can download and print a shipping label, chinese addresses actually go through the USPS to Chicago (in my case) to some kind of international shipper, tin bids does all the paper work, you dont need to do customs forms or anything. Once they get notified you sent the package you get paid within 3 or 4 days. Sometimes faster but that seems to be the average for me.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hence my consternation.
I’ve been reliably informed that’ll impair your vision.

As for TinBids, like several other forum members I listed a tobacco as an experiment to see how well the system worked (earlier I had bought a tin or two for the same reason). In my personal experience their platform works very well. In my case I deliberately set a buy-it-now number that priced my tobacco at about 10% under what I guessed was current market. I wasn't watching the clock but in literally seconds it had sold. Within a couple of minutes after that the buyer had paid TinBids and TinBids had sent me notification along with a shipping label. I printed the label, dropped the box at the USPS the next afternoon, and about four days later the $ was in my PayPal account. The buyer, incidentally, was Chinese but had an accommodation address in the States so no custom forms were involved. Setting aside the endlessly debatable questions surrounding the resale of tobacco (which obviously apply not just to TinBids but to Pipestud, sellers on forums, sellers at pipe shows, etc), as a seller I couldn’t have been happier with the process as designed and implemented by TinBids; ymmv.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Keep us in tune! I was wondering about this myself.
I listed a few tins and they all sold. One buyer never paid and I didn't relist that tin, I kept it. Will I use Tinbids again? Probably not. I don't have many blends I want to sell and I'm not in the market to buyer more.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I’ve sold on tinbids. It was painless. Only issue I had was one buyer backing out but they were quick to take care of that so I was able to delist it and later sell it to someone else with no issue.

Reactions: Razorback

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Once again, ok for the second time, the person that doesn't pay for their auctions is from the US, kind of defeats all the people that refuse to sell to international bidders.

Also looks like they are adding a rating system, which I'm not sure will do much because you can't restrict if someone bids for your item, it would only defer people from being shitty sellers, you'd hope.

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 3.29.38 PM.png