PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Didn't even know about PPN. Wonderful looking pipes!
The conversation started on Mark Irwin's Peterson Pipe Notes blog.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The conversation started on Mark Irwin's Peterson Pipe Notes blog.

The first post about the idea of a CPG PPN commemorative pipe was back in April when Mark requested an email from those who were interested.

It's been a long wait since it was first mentioned, but the wait was worth it.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Pre-Republic Shamrocks Carved Peterson System. This is factory carved.

The other is not a Pete but is from 1893 and research is ongoing because, oddly enough, it might have been carved in the factory even though the band is Adolph Posener.

View attachment 179413View attachment 179414View attachment 179415View attachment 179416View attachment 179417View attachment 179419View attachment 179420View attachment 179421View attachment 179422
I'm drooling. That Irish Harp work is just beautiful!

Reactions: Nevaditude

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Sort of chin hanger season started. So, my smaller one. SH Baskerville natural finish P-lip. I think this was my very first natural finish. It didn't show any coating and looks sort of muddy as it aged. But the later natural finish seemed to have clear coating on them and although they changed color, no muddy look. But now this pipe looks fine. I guess I'm used to it. Smokes great.

PXL_20221106_211907238-01.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
The PPN is essentially a pub pipe. I own both a pub pipe and a bent house pipe. I'd say the house pipe is somewhat bigger.
Thank you.

I'm in the market for a house pipe while I read on weekend mornings. I think I'd prefer a house pipe over a pub pipe for this purpose.

I found some specs elsewhere and agree, the PPN pipe is similar to the pub pipe, but a great deal and nice looking specimen. The tapered stem is unique.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Thank you.

I'm in the market for a house pipe while I read on weekend mornings. I think I'd prefer a house pipe over a pub pipe for this purpose.

I found some specs elsewhere and agree, the PPN pipe is similar to the pub pipe, but a great deal and nice looking specimen. The tapered stem is unique.
Here’s a picture showing House and Pub pipes. The first two on the left are House Pipes. Then there’s a Pub pipe and finally a Pre-Republic “0”

The smaller pipe is also “0”
AE7410CA-3F47-4A1C-B96C-9D18B00B183B.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Here’s a picture showing House and Pub pipes. The first two on the left are House Pipes. Then there’s a Pub pipe and finally a Pre-Republic “0”

The smaller pipe is also “0”
View attachment 179911
You have a beautiful pipe collection (both here and posted in other threads). Your Peterson collection is too notch and the older pipes look fantastic (even with the updated stems).

I appreciate the size comparison. It really helps to visualize the various differences.

Reactions: Nevaditude

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
You have a beautiful pipe collection (both here and posted in other threads). Your Peterson collection is too notch and the older pipes look fantastic (even with the updated stems).

I appreciate the size comparison. It really helps to visualize the various differences.
Those are original stems. Just cleaned up.

But thank you. I worked hard on my collection. 😎

RaoulDuke

Lurker
Apr 25, 2020
Australia
What an incredible Peterson find. I'd share that with Mark Irwin, I think he would love to see that one.
Thanks mate.

I took your suggestion and contacted Mark to see if he could tell me anymore about the pipe. He seemed quite impressed.

After contacting the store where I acquired it from to see if they could add any info, Mark has said he will create a post about the pipe on his blog. Nothing groundbreaking but a cool little story.

I sent him some more pics so any he doesn’t use I will add to this thread after his blog post.

Cheers.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Pipe arrived today. It is incredible! I almost don’t want to smoke it, almost. I still can’t believe the condition it’s in, a couple of tiny dings on the band but that’s it. Bone tenon extension still even unscrews. If it didn’t smell like it had been smoked it would think it hasn’t been. Came with a nice leather pouch too. Very, very happy!

Here’s a close up the nomenclature…
View attachment 178614View attachment 178616View attachment 178615
Forgive the technical talk, but that is one bad motherfucker.

• Haha
Reactions: RaoulDuke