PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@Chaukisch @Chasing Embers @brian64 @The Amish Tyrant Do you think the Clay King 👑 will miss his clays and baccy during Stoptober?
Not buying any more pipeweed this year; need to save money 💰, improve my health and reduce plastic packaging!
I enjoyed sitting on a log with one of the Vikings while I smoked a clay pipe and drank a can of beer 🍺. The Viking said he used to smoke a pipe and said he liked the smell of my pipe baccy. Some young lads I met at the Brewery Tap in Derby were impressed when I speed smoked a clay pipe of shag!
You have to start buying metal tins instead.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I wrote a newspaper story on the German championship in slow smoking in 2019 at the Peter Heinrichs Chateau nearby Cologne. They gave each participant the same pipe, a Wessex straight billiard and exactly three grams of Mac Baren Old Dark Fired Flake, two matches and a wooden tamper.

That's interesting, is that article still available? I'd like to read it.
Nice looking pipe. Are they stashed away for the next competition or do they always get new ones?

Reactions: The Clay King

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I'm thinking of getting a tin of Musketeer for re-enactments next year.
A perfect tobacco for the Clay King 👑!
Never tried it, I only know the Aramis after shave. 😁
I thought I never even tasted Black Cavendish but I just realized that it was in my first pipe tobacco, Clan, which I really liked. One fine day I'll import these types of tobac from the US and see how they really taste.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Never tried it, I only know the Aramis after shave. 😁
I thought I never even tasted Black Cavendish but I just realized that it was in my first pipe tobacco, Clan, which I really liked. One fine day I'll import these types of tobac from the US and see how they really taste.
@Chaukisch @Chasing Embers @The Amish Tyrant If I was blending pipe tobacco my first blend would be called "Clay King"!
I imagine it being a mild, golden coloured Virginia/ Cavendish blend. Does this sound good to you??
Main points:
1) Low nicotine strength.
2) Golden colour.
3) Virginia Cavendish blend.
4) No Latakia:)
5) Should suit a clay pipe.
Do any of you know of a real life equivalent to "Clay King"???

Reactions: Chaukisch

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I don't have straight Cavendish on my palate but that sure sounds good.
I've been thinking about number 5 - "Should suit a clay pipe". The hot burning Virginia always looks good in a clay and if the Cavendish has no earthy taste to it I'd throw in something that does.
Earthy suits clay, I'd say. 😁

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I've been thinking about number 5 - "Should suit a clay pipe". The hot burning Virginia always looks good in a clay and if the Cavendish has no earthy taste to it I'd throw in something that does.
@Chaukisch Do you think you could make "Clay King"???
I would be honoured to try it if you did...

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
That's interesting, is that article still available? I'd like to read it.
Nice looking pipe. Are they stashed away for the next competition or do they always get new ones?

I couldn’t find it online. I sent a pdf per pm.

• Love

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Do you think you could make "Clay King"???
I would be honoured to try it if you did...
I sure could try. I'm guessing that I will have some US tobacco imported by the end of the year.
I'm also looking for a barrel made of oak to try aging.
All this is a major investment for my dust filled pockets so I'm not just playing around with this idea of making my own blends, I'm seriously gonna get into it.
I don't see myself leaving this forum any time soon so I'll make sure to contact you when I'm good and ready.
And then we will sit down and discuss the King's demands. 😁

I couldn’t find it online. I sent a pdf per pm.
Thanks again, it's much appreciated!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net

Cavendish is a complex thing to produce. You need heat, steam and pressure to make cavendish. But if you’re interested in mixing Dan pipe offers pure cavendish for this purpose: Torben Dansk Black Cavendish English Style 250g Sparpack - https://www.danpipe.de/de/Pfeifentabak/8528-250_Torben-Dansk-Black-Cavendish-English-Style-250g-Sparpack_7137

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@Chaukisch Do you like my specifications for "Clay King"?
1) Low nicotine strength.
2) Golden colour.
3) Virginia Cavendish blend.
4) No Latakia:)
5) Should suit a clay pipe.
I feel the oak barrel would give it a flavour worthy of the Clay King!!!
Wearing my redcoat while watching the Queen's funeral in the Great Hall; the Queen is dead - long live the Clay King!

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Do you like my specifications for "Clay King"?
I can agree with all of it, except the low nicotine strength. Can't have enough of that. puffy

Dan pipe offers pure cavendish for this purpose
Wow, not a bad deal either. I just checked the shop I want to import from and they don't seem to have any Cavendish at all. I'm gonna get a tin of that because I don't think I'll be able to make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.