PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Fried baloney sandwich or a mess of grits. Both comfort me.
Fried bologna sandwiches are great. I like them either with just the bologna fried and lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise, or sometimes I fry the bologna then make a grilled cheese and bologna sandwich out of it. I like to use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread. Toasts up great. And if you have hoop cheese, it’s even better.

Reactions: prndl and Bowie

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
A tasty any time sandwich is lightly toasted bread, bacon, fried egg, American cheese, dill pickles, and mayo.

Mar 1, 2014
I eat a can of tuna with a tablespoon of horseradish mayonnaise before bed on any workout day, or as a general meal replacement if pressed for time.
(Normal mayo is fine but the horseradish also gives the experience some semblance of sensation rather than just eating the food equivalent of cardboard.)

Reactions: canucklehead

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well, now I know why men's life expectancy is much shorter than women's.

A quickie for me is turkey with a dab of Russian dressing on matzoh, or yogurt with fresh blueberries. Or just an apple. An omelette only takes a couple of minutes.

Heaven is chili con carne, using chili powders I order from Chimayo, but that ain't fast food. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll make lamb biryani.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I eat a can of tuna with a tablespoon of horseradish mayonnaise before bed on any workout day, or as a general meal replacement if pressed for time.
(Normal mayo is fine but the horseradish also gives the experience some semblance of sensation rather than just eating the food equivalent of cardboard.)
Funny. I just opened a tin of tuna- first time in ages. I usually cut up celery, but had none, so it was mayo and thin bits/slices of pickle, topped with slice of avocado on top of nacho chips.

Another standby: Pickled herring in sour cream and onions on top of a matzoh.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Funny. I just opened a tin of tuna- first time in ages. I usually cut up celery, but had none, so it was mayo and thin bits/slices of pickle, topped with slice of avocado on top of nacho chips.

Another standby: Pickled herring in sour cream and onions on top of a matzoh.
My father would have loved the pickled herring combo. If only he had eaten a more healthy diet he might have made it to 100, like his uncle who passed away way too young at 104.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Prawn sandwiches. Fresh and thick-sliced white crusty bread which is generously buttered and large prawns mixed with mayonnaise, lemon zest and cayenne pepper and all assembled with a generous helping of rocket leaves.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
"Prawn sandwiches. Fresh and thick-sliced white crusty bread ......"

Great to see you again Jazz, long time no see!

Regards,

Jay.

Heya, mate. How ya doing?

Yeah, I've been away from here for a while. Not really sure why, just one of those things, I suppose. I cut down a lot on my smoking so maybe that is part of the reason, you know how it is. And, I have been spending most of my free time fishing rather than on the computer so that's another reason I suppose. I have popped in for a quick scan from time to time just not posted.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Another of my favourites would be 'gypsy bread' or 'eggy bread'. Six large fresh eggs whisked up in a bowl with a shake of salt and a few generous grinds of black pepper.

Pour into a shallow bowl and get a frying pan going with butter melting. Drop a slice of fresh white bread into the egg mix and allow to absorb the mix then turn over and repeat. Pick it up and drop it into your now sizzling frying pan, cook briefly for a minute or two on both sides then repeat until no more egg mix is left.

These are great with some Heinz tomato ketchup and a great quickish treat.....kids love it!

I'm sure this is known around the world in some form or another.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.