PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Do they sell cornmeal in the U.K.? Cornbread isn’t hard to make."

I see my local Asda sells 'cornbread muffins, 'cornbread bloomer loaf' and something called 'spicy cornbread'. Not one of them looked alike so clearly there's cornbread and theres cornbread ?

Regards,

Jay.?

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
You surely know who the Spice Girls are, yes?

Pop Tarts were heavily touted in the 80's. IIRC. Some flavored cardboard surrounded some goop with a faint fruit taste. You put them in a toaster...
I know of 3 girls with different racial diversity who are called “spice girls” but beyond that know nothing about them. Figured they did a commercial or something for Pop Tarts and that was the reference.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Oatmeal is another favorite quick meal.

I guess since you all aren’t talking ready to eat with your recipes for corn bread etc I submit banana bread

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Background information
Spice Girls
The Spice Girls performing during their penultimate reunion concert in Toronto, Ontario, in February 2008. (L–R) Melanie C., Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Melanie B., and Emma Bunton.
The Spice Girls performing during their penultimate reunion concert in Toronto, Ontario, in February 2008. (L–R) Melanie C., Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Melanie B., and Emma Bunton.
OriginLondon, England
Genres
Years active
  • 1994–2000
  • 2007–2008
  • 2018–present
LabelsVirgin
Websitethespicegirls.com
Members
The Spice Girls are an English pop girl group formed in 1994. The group comprises Melanie Brown, also known as Mel B ("Scary Spice"), Melanie Chisholm, also known as Mel C ("Sporty Spice"), Emma Bunton ("Baby Spice"), Geri Halliwell ("Ginger Spice"), and Victoria Beckham ("Posh Spice"). They were signed to Virgin Recordsand released their debut single "Wannabe" in 1996; it hit number one in 37 countries[1][2] and commenced their global success. Their debut album Spice sold more than 23 million copies worldwide, becoming the best-selling album by a female group in history.[3] Their follow-up album, Spiceworld sold over 13 million copies worldwide.[4] The Spice Girls have sold 85 million records worldwide,[5][6][7] making them the best-selling girl group of all time, one of the best-selling pop groups of all time,[6][8] and the biggest British pop success since The Beatles.[9][10][11] Among the highest profile acts in 1990s popular culture, Time called them "arguably the most recognizable face" of Cool Britannia, the mid-1990s celebration of youth culture in the UK.[12]

• Haha
Reactions: radrick96

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not really. But as a social phenom, yes. And they kept the cash registers going. Hundreds of millions, Sterling or Dollars.

Baby Spice is now 44......

1024px-Emma_Bunton_at_Heart_Live_Christmas_2016.jpg

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
My favorite quick delicious meal is fish soup. My fish store in Pike Market used to have a big bucket where they tossed their trimmings. I'd just tell my friends to give me a couple of pounds of mixed pieces and would generally end up with salmon, tuna, maybe halibut, other white fish. But it's easy enough to buy your own mix at the grocer.

In the bottom of a large pot, cook some onion and garlic in olive oil. Add coarse salt and fresh-ground black pepper (onion loves these two seasonings). Add some chicken broth and water, then carrots, maybe some fresh peppers, and lots of fresh dill. Herbs d'provence also goes well in the broth. Once the broth is good (add salt, black pepper, red pepper, cumin to taste), and simmering, toss in your chunks of fish and some fresh shrimp if you have them. Let them cook for just a few minutes and you're ready to eat. The key is getting the broth nice and flavorful, but letting each piece of seafood retain it's flavor - it doesn't take much effort. I ate this at least once a week when I lived near the market in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.