PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofarrell

Lurker
Apr 2, 2019
I have a horrible time with tongue bite. I hardly ever smoke aromatics. Even Latakia and Perique force me to use PLips. However I saw C&D’s Crooner while browsing Smokingpipes.com. While not a fan of Bing Crosby I am a fan of Burley. Deer tongue i’d never tried. I read the reviews which showed me that this was a love or hate blend. I bought a tin. My first bowl was a little difficult to keep lit, requiring a few re lights which is no big deal to me. The flavor was enjoyable. I dried it a bit and had a second bowl. Drying helped. The delicious flavor was still there. And no tongue bite even from a regular stem! The cubed Burley burns well and slow. The deer tongue adds a great flavor that I like. The Burley’s nicotine gives a nice buzz that seems to make the sun shine even on a cloudy day. Since I don’t rush into things I smoked several more bowls before I made the decision to order a half pound. I would suggest trying a tin. Either you’ll love it or hate it. But it is worth trying in my opinion.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I really like Crooner, but sometimes the C&D cube cut burley can be a little harsh and bitter for me. I like to cut with some straight Virginia (usually Marble Kake) or PS Cube Cut if I want a touch of sweetness. Either way, the deer tongue and burley still predominate.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I found it to have a great Burley taste, but waaaay too much deertongue for me. Haven't smoked any in over a decade, and I think JimInks noted that the recipe has been adjusted since its initial offering.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I love this blend and also have a Savenelli Bing's Favorite reserved for it (for the most part.) I smoke a bowl every morning and only rarely after that, but that's only because I have so many other blends that I love and try to rotate through the day.

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
I have a horrible time with tongue bite. I hardly ever smoke aromatics. Even Latakia and Perique force me to use PLips. However I saw C&D’s Crooner while browsing Smokingpipes.com. While not a fan of Bing Crosby I am a fan of Burley. Deer tongue i’d never tried. I read the reviews which showed me that this was a love or hate blend. I bought a tin. My first bowl was a little difficult to keep lit, requiring a few re lights which is no big deal to me. The flavor was enjoyable. I dried it a bit and had a second bowl. Drying helped. The delicious flavor was still there. And no tongue bite even from a regular stem! The cubed Burley burns well and slow. The deer tongue adds a great flavor that I like. The Burley’s nicotine gives a nice buzz that seems to make the sun shine even on a cloudy day. Since I don’t rush into things I smoked several more bowls before I made the decision to order a half pound. I would suggest trying a tin. Either you’ll love it or hate it. But it is worth trying in my opinion.
if you like Crooner you should try C&D Gentleman Caller which I like better. I also mixed the two together equal amounts. The mix makes crooner better to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.