PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviettubes

Lurker
Mar 26, 2018
I really wanted to like Crooner. It does however trigger my cough reflex quite easily, when no other blend does. Strange thing.

Ok, so not just me. I really liked this many years back when I tried it, but I get insane sinus and throat irritation from even one bowl. So I’ve only tried it a few times and the same result every time.

I always thought it was an allergy to whatever Deertongue is. I have read that many people are allergic to certain strains of burley, though.

I’ve not had an issue with other burley blends, although I’m not trying very burley blend in the market, or anything.

Reactions: voorhees

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I love Crooner it is one of the first blends that really struck me as something different and special. The Cube Cut is interesting and unusual, on the dry side and requires no dry time IMO. While the Deer Tounge adds a slight vanilla vibe without being a heavy aromatic. Burns well with occasional relights. Have about 8oz total and plan on getting more once some bulk b3comes available, hopefully C&D keeps up production of this blend after the FDA nonsc3nse.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I love Crooner it is one of the first blends that really struck me as something different and special. The Cube Cut is interesting and unusual, on the dry side and requires no dry time IMO. While the Deer Tounge adds a slight vanilla vibe without being a heavy aromatic. Burns well with occasional relights. Have about 8oz total and plan on getting more once some bulk b3comes available, hopefully C&D keeps up production of this blend after the FDA nonsc3nse.

I like Crooner and I know exactly where a jar lives. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm going to fire up a bowl in a little bit.

aguineapig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2014
I would love to try this, but my days of regularly ordering tobacco are behind me, and I've heard this will actually ghost other tobaccos in a box. If anyones willing I'd cover shipping for a few bowls worth. I love 4 noggins mojo so I know I like deer tongue, and I looove C&D burley....

Reactions: anotherbob

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
T
Sorry for off-topic but since burley came up I’m still miffed that PS 312 Toasted Burley is off the market. ?

Toasted Burley is still available at P&C. Picked up a 1oz sample recently and had to double check, on TR is does say No Longer In Production. Comes as a nice broken flake and has good flavor

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I like Crooner and I know exactly where a jar lives. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm going to fire up a bowl in a little bit.

Excellent enjoy! Finished my bag a while back and need to get a refill from the Cellar since it is a great blend.

Reactions: timt
Status
Not open for further replies.