PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I thought it might be fun for us to share some photos of our local brick and mortar pipe and tobacco stores. Sadly I am starting this thread without pictures of my own but I will hopefully have them by tomorrow.
Now I know that this isn't something that most of us have already, but next time you go ask if you can take some pictures to share.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Sounds like a good topic...I'll snap a picture of mine on the way home....or I'll just walk up there after work, it's about .18 of a mile up there

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi Guys,
Here are some photos of The Briary.

I'll make some of the Smoking Room, the next time I'm there.

Depicted in the first photo: From Left to Right John McCulloch - Lugi Viprati (Master Pipe Maker) - Maurizio Fraternale - Skip Elliott. Maurizio is Lugi's translator. Kevin has some pictures of Lugi's Pipes from the New Orlean's Pipe Show. Admittedly Lugi tends to be just a little further around the bend than most pipe makers.
FromLefttoRightJohnMcCulloch-LugiViprati-MaurizioFraternale-SkipElliottatTheBriary.jpg

Skiponthephone.jpg

Skipusingfaxmachine.jpg

TheBriary.jpg

Ok Guys, Since I don't have a photo of the Smoking Lounge... here is a photo of Pipe Central in the man cave, commonly referred to as "the Smokin' Hole".

MySmokinHole495.jpg

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
pstlpkr> I'm diggin Pipe Central. I am not allowed to smoke in the house, the wife has "allergies"
When I want to hang out and light up a bowl, I usually go to my favorite spot. No photos, but here's the link.
http://www.libertytobacco.com/
A great guy's place. Sports on the big screens, cards, and plenty of BS.

frostyforge

Lurker
Mar 30, 2010
Dang, I'm jealous, my B&M is just a little hole in the wall :P I thought it had a decent selection...at least til I saw those pics!

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Here's where I go, locally: Goodfellas Cigar Shop. Good selection of bulk and tinned tobaccos and pipes.

goodfellas-600x500.png

This is a link on their website which has a shot of the inside of the store:

Photo
@pstlpkr: I so want to visit the Briary now. Too bad it's exactly 2,674 miles' drive from here.
Simon

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Well Simon, what's the problem, come on down, we'll smoke a bowl with Raymond.

Those are all great photos guys.

I'm diggin' this string.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
My favorite smoke shop is Kaiser's Tobacco Store in New Albany, Indiana. Their first shop opened in 1832 and the "new" shop was built in 1886. (To be accurate, the business has been in the Kaiser family since 1865.)
There is a lady who's worked there ever since I can remember and the rare times that she's not in the store, I almost feel like I've wasted the trip.
Kaisers.jpg

They must have taken the Indian inside that day.
Kaisers2.jpg

Tom and George Kaiser.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I am loving the pictures guys!

Lawrence, you are lucky to have a man cave that you can sit back and relax in. Most of us do not have that luxury. The Briary looks like a great place to get a new pipe and hang out. I agree with Simon on this one, I am going to have to take a trip and grab a bowl with you at the Briary.
Simon, next time you go to Goodfellas take some good pictures of the inside! The pictures on their website are too small!
Dudley, That place has got alot of history, I am sure getting to hang out there and smoke that you have heard tons of stories from the family and the older lady that works there! Do they have a smoke area/room there? I love that they have so many tins, I have to order any tins that I want because my local only carries a few!
I do have to apologize, I said I would have some pictures for you guys today but I didn't make it before they closed so I will have to take the pictures tomorrow!
Keep the Pictures coming!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Dudley, That place has got alot of history, I am sure getting to hang out there and smoke that you have heard tons of stories from the family and the older lady that works there! Do they have a smoke area/room there? I love that they have so many tins, I have to order any tins that I want because my local only carries a few!
The Kaiser bros. are rarely there and it's normally one person in the shop. There's also no room for a smoking area. What makes Kaiser's stand out is the level of service and the way they treat customers.
The lady I mentioned greets people likes she's been missing them since the last time they were in and will make a customer feel like the transaction they're doing is the reason she came to work that day. Of course, she has that sort of warm personality, but the other employees will never fail to treat you right either.
Another big benefit is that Kaiser's is also a local tobacco and candy wholesaler, so the products in the shop are always fresh.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I wanted to post a picture of Kremer's Smoke Shoppe in downtown Louisville the other day, but could only find pictures of their walk-in humidor.
Thanks to some moron getting shot by the cops in a failed carjacking, I now have a snapshot of the building.
Kremers.jpg

Their walk-in humidor:
KremersWalk-In.jpg

The picture of the humidor doesn't do it justice, it's pretty big.
Kremer's is listed on Pipes Magazine's directory and is one of my favorite smoke shops in Louisville and probably the best place in town for cigars. It is also the only place I know of to sell a pipe. If you're ever in town for the Derby, you should drop in.
Kremer's Website

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Lucky fellas !! Where my old B&M used to be is now the parking ramp for a hotel. What passes for one (other than the native smoke shop ) is just a little hole in the wall. Next time I go up I will try to remember the camera.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Here you go guys, This beautiful place is called Royal Pipes and Tobaccos, located in Norman Oklahoma!
This is the shop side (you buy on this side)....

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

And then you have the bar and grill side of it (you smoke and drink here)....

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

The Gentleman in the white shirt is Jared, the owner of this fine establishment.

IMG_2688.jpg

And that is the end of the tour!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I thought I would post some pictures of Royal Pipes and Tobaccos sister store, Plantations...
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

It is located in the local mall which is awesome because it is open nice and late for those days I don't get off in time to get to Royal P and T, and we are allowed to smoke inside the store.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Awe man...you guys are sooooo lucky to have these shops near you !! I only wish there was one in my town (or reasonably close to home)....I can only dream of sitting in one of these shops...and I'm afraid I would never leave !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.