PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I Googled, Royal Pipes and Tobaccos, in Norman Oklahoma.

and....

it's only 22 hours and 27 minutes away from my house !! (2,166km / 1,346 miles) away !!

and ....

if I'm walking... that's 17 days 5 hours !!

I better start walking now... I should be there by the 29th of September !!

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I have been to a nice tobacco shop in Gatlinburg, TN on several occaisions through the years. It had dark wood all around and a nice, old fashioned atmosphere to shop in. And the shop owners were very nice people. Even before I began smoking a pipe, it was a favorite place to go and see the different pipes and tobaccos and enjoy the aroma inside. Now that I smoke a pipe, I will definetely visit again someday and buy some tobacco, maybe a pipe. Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
That's a shop in a mall?!?!
Holy jumpin'. The only tobacconists in malls around here are "Sheffield and Sons Tobacconists". Sounds impressive, right? It's more of a corner store/magazine shop. They sell nothing of interest.
Simon

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Classicgeek wrote:

That's a shop in a mall?!?!
Louisville has a pretty nice (albeit, small) smoke shop in Oxmoor Mall. It's J. Paul Tucker's Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe. He's a pretty cool guy to talk to and has some really nice pipes for sale with a seemingly unpredictable but quality stock of tobaccos.
Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe
I think the jester in front of his door must like to travel, because he's there in Bubba's second shop photo set of the Plantations store.
oxmoor.jpg

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Juozapas wrote:

Awe man...you guys are sooooo lucky to have these shops near you !! I only wish there was one in my town (or reasonably close to home)....I can only dream of sitting in one of these shops...and I'm afraid I would never leave !!!
There's good tobacco blog I subscribe to in my RSS reader from an angry Canadian smoker that you may already know about, but I'm posting the link in case you don't. (Anyone else should take a look at it too, it really puts into perspective the frustrations our smoking friends to the north have to put up with.)
http://fightantismokertyranny.blogspot.com/
Every time I read a new post, it makes me fear that's where the U.S. antis are looking for policy inspiration.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Dudley, that jester is the face of Punch Cigars... alot of the Punch dealers get those!
Now that you mention it, I remember it. If you look closely at the photo, he's holding a box of Punch right there in his arm.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I won't be able to take any until I'm back in Dallas as there isn't one around here.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Bubbadrier wrote:

So who is going to get pictures up next? I am going to take picture of my third B&M and put them up on Sunday...
If you put up a 3rd smokeshop that compares to the first two, the population of Norman, Oklahoma might go up by at least one.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
haha the other store I frequent is in Tulsa Oklahoma, its called Ted's Pipe Shoppe... They have this one blend that I can't get anywhere else and I have to drive to tulsa at least once a month to get some (its a two hour drive)!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Guys,
I met up with Menckenite at The Briary today.

It was a lot of fun. Just the usual grapple of insults and jibes along with some good pipe and tobacco talk. We smoked a bowl in the smoking lounge and wandered around a bit and shot the breeze. All in all had a great time. I picked up some 1Q and Will O' The Wynd, and Menckenite bought a new pipe. Here are some pics, I'm no pro but I guess they are OK. I didn't get all of the pipes. I think Skip has close to a thousand on hand.... No wonder Menckenite took close to an hour to decide on what he wanted. :)
The Briary

TheBriary.jpg

The back up door greeter:

DoorGreeter.jpg

Here is real door greeter, Al... and to think... Skip thinks he's the owner.
Al.jpg

Menckenite in the comfy chair.

Menckenite.jpg

Let's wander around. Here are the tins and the Humidor.

TinsandHumidor.jpg

Menckenite in the Humidor.

MenckeniteinHumidor.jpg

Humidor Right.

HumidorRt.jpg

Humidor Left.

HumidorLft.jpg

Here is the proud owner of his new Wessox Canadian, and Skip.

MenckeniteNewPipe.jpg

Baccy and Pipes:

BaccyandPipes.jpg

Meerschaums:

Meerschaum.jpg

A Few More Pipes:

AFewMorePipes.jpg

The Cavicchis:

TheCavicchis.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Menckenite had a better time than I did.... he got a new pipe.
I told John (not pictured... didn't want to break the camera) that if he left the door open anybody could walk in. He said something about Menckenite warning him I was coming, and he left it open anyway...

:)

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I was going to take pictures of Fredericksburg's one and only tobacco shop (One? In VIRGINIA!?!), but these other shops put ours to shame.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Lawrence,
I had a great time and enjoyed looking at the pipes you brought. Sorry I forgot to give you the tin I mentioned. That just means we'll have to meet up again ... soon.
I hope to take some pics of the Wessex sometime today and get them posted.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
Oh how I wish we were still in the area. Fortunately Martin offers a superb postal service.

Quite how I ended up living in a wasteland (as far as Pipe Shops go) is quite beyond me! My nearest of any worth being Tranters in Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.