Free Pipe Project

(662 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by shaintiques
  • Latest reply from shaintiques
  1. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been getting a lot of acclaim on here lately for sending out pipes and tobacco to new smokers and while we all love pics and it is fun to see what you got, I'n not doing this for recognition. I have been so very blessed by this community and have had pipe mentors that really helped me out when I started this hobby. This is just a way for me to give back. Actually the pipes have been sent to me from other forum members so it is a group effort. I'm just doing a little restoration work and mailing them out. And all the Sutliff tobacco is sent to me free in support of our pipe club by Sutliff. I'm just distributing out the extra. That being said I have a few pipes about done and another couple lots coming from forum members to give out to new smokers. I'm looking for guys with one or two pipes. Post on here and tell us what you have got. Posting pics if you can too. I will respond by pm when I have something for you.

Also if and when you get your pipe from us, post a pic of you smoking it in this thread for the guys who have donated the pipes to see. Then we all get some warm and fuzzies.
    If any forum members have pipes you want to contribute to the effort pm me.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

May all your good deeds meet you up the road.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. ruger414

ruger414

Login to Send PM

I love this idea. One of my two pipes is from the Free Pipe Project. I'm on my phone right now, but I will post pictures when I get back to my computer. The pipe community rocks! Shaintiques, you are especially awesome for putting this all together. You play a major role in making this all possible, and those of us who have received a pipe from you truly appreciate it.

"Never laugh at live dragons."
    -J.R.R. Tolkien
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. tlag77

tlag77

Login to Send PM

WOW just WOW, I have one cob and that is all, I smoke 1 to 2 bowls a bay as of right now. I really like MM 965 so far, I have had a hard time with aros though. And my avatar is a pic of me with my trusty MM cob form the drugstore.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. redbeard

redbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cudos to all parties involved then!! Very nice of all of you who contribute to help out the newbies. You can not properly enjoy this hobby without more than a few pipes IMO. A rotation is essential.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. psychpipes

psychpipes

Login to Send PM

Pm sent to donate.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great project Dave. You're one of the good guys.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  8. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As I've noticed in a short time here, several new pipers are quite limited pipe or cash wise. It seems sharing and pipe smoking go hand in hand.

I'm proud to be part of this community.

Keep up the good work shaintiques!

Dot
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I'll get in on this, Shain. What a great idea.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. ruger414

ruger414

Login to Send PM

Here is the pipe and tobacco I received from this project

And here is a picture of it in use!

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. tlag77

tlag77

Login to Send PM

Quite an impressive haul!

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. psychpipes

psychpipes

Login to Send PM

I am mailing out my donation this week. I am relatively new to pipe smoking (only 2ish years). If my Dad hadn't sent me one of his Stanwell pipes, then my love of pipes might not have ever blossomed. This is a great cause, and for all of you politically charged smokers out there, what better way to bolster support than to grow passion in the community for the hobby.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. petersonson

William

Login to Send PM

This is why I wake up five hours before I need to. To come on here and see this. Fantastic project. Glad to be part of this community.

"Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving, we must sail sometimes with the wind
    and sometimes against it- but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor."
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Posted 5 years ago #
  14. ragnar

ragnar

Login to Send PM

Cool idea! I have a couple MM cob's and a Kaywoodie-Drinkless Billiard that I'm enjoying very much. What a cool community. I'm still looking for new tobacco's to try, I've found I'm leaning toward English blends. Reccomendations?

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. rangerearthpig

rangerearthpig

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

shaintiques wrote:

If any forum members have pipes you want to contribute to the effort pm me.

Am I understanding you correctly, that if we just send a pipe "as is" you will do the sterilization and clean up?

RLTW!
    Posted 5 years ago #
  16. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes rangerearthpig that is what I am saying. I will do the restoration work and then send the pipe to a new smoker or give it to a new smoker. I have some in my area. Also if you guys have a new smoker you are mentoring that could use more than one pipe hit me up and we will see what we can do. Also Pruss has volunteered to send a couple out and he is in Canada. Any new Canada guys let me know your needs and I will connect you with him. Lastly Ragnar, I would like to keep this thread about pipe needs not tobacco suggestions. It will be better for you to post a new thread, but it sounds like you could use another briar, so I will add you to the list and set aside a couple cans of different Englishes for you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am only asking that the recipients pay the shipping cost. I have the time for restorations but I'm not made of money.

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. rangerearthpig

rangerearthpig

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

PM sent to donate.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. rangerearthpig

rangerearthpig

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@ ruger414:

You wear that pipe nicely!

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. ruger414

ruger414

Login to Send PM

Thanks Ranger! I do like the straight pipes

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. layinpipe

layinpipe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dave, you are a genuinely good dude, that is awesome what you are doing. I don't think anybody on here would ever think you were doing it for recognition, so i don't think you need to worry about that, lol. I'm definitely new to piping (around 7 or 8 months or so?) but i have one of the worst cases of PAD, EVER, so i am good in that department. I would love to contribute some tobacco in the future, when i get to cellar status and have the bulk to pay it forward.

Keep up the good work brother!

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A brilliant idea!

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. rangerearthpig

rangerearthpig

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My 20 year old son picked up the hobby over Christmas break. He has a MM cob and a cheap church warden. I asked him to register on here. If he is lucky, maybe he will get on the list.

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. novicemaker

novicemaker

Login to Send PM

Well this seems like a good spot for me to ask something, but before i do just a little background. I haven't been an avid smoker but i like to think i smoke for the feel and taste not because i have to or for any other reasons. I burnt my first little corncob pipe and felt that i should take a break from smoking and learn more about this topic. I like that there are people to show us newbs how to break in a new pipe and maintain it afterwards. I have no smoking items at this time. I am trying to find that pipe that will call to me but wont bust a tight budget. Id like any help on good starter pipe and a few ideas on whats a good smoke. I get my little smoke from wood tip black and mild's but i really like the black and mild royal and a box pressed black cigar i tried. i think the name was koa or something along that line. Just to give an example of my taste for those of you that can give me any advise on what to smoke.

Posted 5 years ago #
  25. iliumneves

iliumneves

Login to Send PM

Finally got a chance to enjoy a smoke with my pipe addition from this project. So happy to be on the receiving end of this kind community!

Thanks!!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  26. metalheadycigarguy

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very cool idea. Looks like its working out well. Kudos to all those involved.

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. oldmannk

oldmannk

Login to Send PM

All.

I spoke with Shaintiques who ask asked me to post here. I am new to pipe smoking I received a pipe for christmass this year from my wife after showing interest. I also purchased on from a seller on this site. I been a busy reading this site and tring to learn as much as I could. I would like to participate in the free pipe project. I have tried mainly arotomatics like 1-Q. I am looking to expand and try new tobaccos such as a beginning English and some natural such as barlies. I am will to try anything once. LOL.

Thanks all for your time and consideration,

Bryan

Posted 5 years ago #
  28. transmutated

transmutated

Login to Send PM

Hi, this is too astonishing to totally comprehend.

I'm not sure whether I really qualify since I actually own 6 pipes...it's just, in my opinion, only 3 of them are smokable. I have been smoking a pipe since the 6th of January and have kept on making really stupid mistakes buying cheap and nasty pipes (I am going to have to save up to buy a proper briar or meerschaum pipe since even cheap "good quality" pipes are out of my price range).

Two of my pipes are so awful I cannot smoke them at all; a peterson standard system I got for £5 from a bric-a-brac shop, and a pipe from a pipe shop bowl that just tastes awful no matter how much I smoke it (and I've tried cleaning it with falcon spray and rum several times). I also have a small cherrywood (this was my first pipe and I got it for my birthday) but I don't ever smoke it because the bowl is waaaay too small...unless you want a 1 minute smoke.

Then I've got a parker zulu and another pipe from a pipe shop bowl (both of which are great). I also have a corncob which is great too.
    All the money I've wasted could have gone towards what I have been wanting the whole time, just a good quality straight pipe.

If being an utter idiot and making lots of bad choices qualifies me...then brilliant. If it really is just for those who literally own 1 or 2 pipes then I apologise for wasting your time.
    In fact maybe what I really need is simply some advice...I don't know any other pipe smokers so I have had to find my way through trial and error (so perhaps reading the contents of this forum will be enough to solve my problems).

Anyway, this is a great idea and I wish you all the best.

Posted 5 years ago #
  29. elliott

elliott

Login to Send PM

Just started smoking a pipe at the end of march, used to be a cigar guy but always wanted to try out pipe smoking, I'm a noob. I have a Savinelli Trevi thats not yet broken in, and some kind of stanwell that I bought cheap from a guy here, but turns out the stem is broken. I am deployed so I cant exactly go to the pipe shop and try to find a new stem. So Im back down to the Savi with some crappy baccy that I assumed as a noob would be good...I was wrong. I do have a MM cob on the way and should have been here by now but hasnt arrived yet. Dont know how to post pictures yet, I just got my account today.

Posted 5 years ago #
  30. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I so happy to so many people participating in Pipa-Care!

Posted 5 years ago #
  31. User has not uploaded an avatar

plateauguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've sent you a PM.

Rob

Posted 5 years ago #
  32. claypipesarchaeologist

claypipesarchaeologist

Login to Send PM

shaintiques,

This is a very cool project you've started and it's come to my attention at the perfect time. I tried out pipe smoking at the beginning of this year and bought a little clay pipe in April, my first pipe: http://www.pipeshoppe.com/ps_p2001.php. It doesn't work so well, so I bought a Capri basket pipe in March, which gets the job done: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/79677/capri-basket/. (smooth bent egg).

I turned my husband into a pipe smoker as well, leaving the pricey cigars behind, so we've been passing the Capri back and forth. This doesn't work so well, me being a Billy Budd gal and him being the aromatic type. So, we've been looking for another pipe, but a descent one that doesn't gurgle and heat up so much. As a couple in our early 20s, we have a lot of the same financial issues that I imagine most couples our age do. So, we've had a tough time justifying spending money on a third pipe (really a second pipe, the clay is more of a decoration at this point). And we're certainly hesitant to spend the money necessary for a quality pipe, yet also hesitant to buy another cheap one. Haven't had much luck on ebay.

Anything you and others on the forum have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Any pipe received from this warm group would be a gift to be cherished for the rest of our lives. We'd gladly pay the shipping costs (paypal?) and post up pictures of us using whatever pipe you might be willing and able to send our way. This community has been great in generosity and education.

Thank you, shaintiques. And thank you all.

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey guys and gals thanks for the great posts. I have about 20 pipes heading to me from various members generosity. As I get them restored I will be contacting you to make arrangements. I have a custom pipe order going right now so it may be a few weeks as business comes first, but there are some really great estates coming so it will be worth the wait.

Posted 5 years ago #
  34. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Here is a pic of one of the lots of pipes heading my way to be restored and distributed to new smokers. These are coming from Condorlover and his friend Andre.

Posted 5 years ago #
  35. iliumneves

iliumneves

Login to Send PM

WOW!!!! Look at all those beauties!!!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  36. philm68

philm68

Login to Send PM

I would be interested in this. My father-in-law gave me a Turkish meerschaum pipe and it is currently my only pipe. I have a few different kinds of tobacco from Emersons but I am afraid to smoke all of them and ghost my pipe. If there is anything I need to do to sign up for this let me know.

Posted 5 years ago #
  37. tlag77

tlag77

Login to Send PM

The pipe community never ceases to amaze me!

Posted 5 years ago #
  38. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I have some old basket pipes i need to send you're way

Posted 5 years ago #
  39. layinpipe

layinpipe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

philm68, are you referring to Emerson's Cigars? If so, you must be in the Hampton Roads area. I live in Portsmouth and the Emerson's in Greenbriar is my hangout at least once a week to two weeks. Great place. If not, just ignore this post and let me keep talking to myself, lol.

Posted 5 years ago #
  40. philm68

philm68

Login to Send PM

I go to their hilltop location in Virginia beach

Posted 5 years ago #
  41. User has not uploaded an avatar

dutchronin

Login to Send PM

Ok WOW, the sheer size and scale of this amazes me a LOT!

Being from The Netherlands, I also am a member of the dutch 'pijprokersforum' and being a new pipe smoker, I am happy to have received a few samples of tobacco from some of it's members. Usually that's about two bowls in a ziplock bag. Donating whole tins and shiny refurb pipes is something completely new to me!

I must admit, starting to smoke the pipe IS kinda hard on the wallet. Therefor I jumped at restoring briars to former glory and end up with some great smokers with the occasional dents and marks that I am yet unable to get out of the pipe. Problem is, while I am buying pipes to restore (and I enjoy doing that A LOT) I spend the money I could use on tobacco's, so I have to make due with maybe a pouch or 3 a month and hope I like it I have bought some pouches that are now on my 'no way I'm buying THAT again!' list (Like most Mac Barens).

To be truly honest, I wish I lived closer to be able to maybe get on the receiving end or, in the future, giving end of this project. When it comes to tobaccos the US has far more interesting blends that are not even sold in Europe/The Netherlands.

This being said, I take my hat off to all of the smokers that do this for us/the newbies! It once again proves that the pipe smoking community around the world is a great and friendly one!!

Many happy bowls to you all!

Posted 5 years ago #
  42. aquilas

aquilas

Login to Send PM

This is very admirable. Good on you, shaintiques! I like how you mentioned it was a group effort. The pipe community has become one of my favorite communities that I've ever been a part of. Everyone is very welcoming and very generous.

Posted 5 years ago #
  43. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I just got two more boxes of pipes in for you guys. So far the fine fellows here have sent in 40 pipes to redistribute out to you guys. I have given away 6 pipes so far. Someone is also sending me a pound and a half of tobacco to send out too. So far I've gotten pipes from Ejames, RangerEarthPig, Condorlover, rsuninv, pruss, and others are sending me stuff. Here is a pic of the pipes I currently have on my work bench and will be getting to as I have time. Be patient as I have a custom pipe I have to finish in the next couple of weeks, then I will be tackling these bad boys and sending them out. As you can see there is plenty to go around so everyone who has contacted me so far will eventually get a pipe or two depending on their needs.

Posted 5 years ago #
  44. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is great stuff Dave - good on you for doing it. The more pipe smokers we have, the better.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 5 years ago #
  45. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I have to say that, to Dave for cleaning pipes and sending them out with free tobacco to guys with none to very little amount of pipes and everyone who donates pipes and tobacco, this is absolutely amazing and Kudos to everyone involved.

Posted 5 years ago #
  46. kanaka95

kanaka95

Login to Send PM

Hey fellow pipers.Im new to pipe smoking and enjoy it.My avatar picture is actually me with my only pipe i own.Its a cheap 7 dollar marschaum pipe i bought from my b&m.He sold it to me for starters to see if i enjoyed pipe smoking.Gotta say i love it.Thanks again to all you pipers who make this forum one of the best places for a newbie like me to come and relax and share in one of my now favorite hobbies

The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-less it come to dominate our likes and interest.God bless america.(patrick henry)
    Posted 5 years ago #
  47. claypipesarchaeologist

claypipesarchaeologist

Login to Send PM

Wonderful, Dave! And I hope you can share a photo of that pipe your makin' when you're done, if you don't mind. I'd like to see your craftsmanship.

Posted 5 years ago #
  48. novicemaker

novicemaker

Login to Send PM

This is a great project and as things go i can see at lest three that i cant wait to see cleaned up and many are very good looking as is. With a bit of spit and polish those pipes will be well loved to those that get them. Im loving the wide range of pipes as well.

Posted 5 years ago #
  49. hotshot

hotshot

Login to Send PM

Very nice project. May God bless you and your efforts.

Blessings, Rob "Hotshot" Gardner
    Posted 5 years ago #
  50. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I got in about 12 more pipes and about 1.5 lbs of tobacco from the fellows on here on Saturday to give away. The generosity has amazed even me. This isn't an exchange per se as was mentioned in another thread, but should help the new guys get a little variety. I plan to send two pipes out in every box as well as some tobacco.

Posted 5 years ago #
  51. novicemaker

novicemaker

Login to Send PM

And they say you cant get anything good for free, everyone that donated gets to feel good about helping out new friends in the pipe community and those that get a pipe get to feel a part of this great project and group of people. I have even posted in other spots about the project just to spread the word a little more.

Posted 5 years ago #
  52. User has not uploaded an avatar

frozenchurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, this is awesome.
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, it's hard to say which) I've already gone through the brunt of what this program was meant for, 6 pipes and two dozen blends in I don't think there's much in the way of donations that I would benefit from.

Posted 5 years ago #
  53. dacor

dacor

Login to Send PM

I just received a package from the Free Pipe Project:

-A pretty cool Brylon pipe (I've read that it is supposed to smoke hot, but I don't have any problem with it, in fact I love it 'cause it's rough, so I can bring it in my pocket without any fear to break it)
    -5 tins of Sutliff tobacco:
    {-Golden Age
    -Balkan Luxury Blend
    -Molto Dolce (It is the only of this selection I've tried yet, and it's wonderful!)
    -Kentucky Planter
    -Westminster}
    -Erinmore Flakes
    -Escudo
    -English Mixture

It gives me the opportunity to taste a lot of tobacco I wouldn't have tried otherwise, considering the fact that pipe tobacco is difficult to obtain in my city.

A big thanks to Shaintiques and those who help him in the Free Pipe Project!

Posted 5 years ago #
  54. walkinthewoods84

walkinthewoods84

Login to Send PM

Well I certainly haven't ever been one to ask for something but I would love to be able to get a new pipe/tobacco. I started out about a month ago and got a $5 hardwood pipe from my local store to start. I have about an ounce of the store blend of 1q and bought a tin of frog morton cellar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted 5 years ago #
  55. acadianangler

acadianangler

Login to Send PM

Just sent PM for a donation.

Posted 5 years ago #
  56. mrmotoyoshi

mrmotoyoshi

Login to Send PM

This is incredibly wonderful of all the people making this happen. Kudos to you all!

I'm an expert in my own opinion
    Posted 5 years ago #
  57. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok so update on the project. I finished the pipe I was crafting and have started restorations. I've currently got 14 pipes on the work bench in various states of restoration. So as I get those done I will be sending those out. I've also had a couple of pounds of tobacco donated and another donor is offering up some, s tobacco will be going out with the pipes. My plan is to send out a couple of pipes to each person and some tobacco. I will be contacting you guys in a week or two.

Posted 5 years ago #
  58. sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

We've already communicated about this, Dave, but I have to add, at the risk of offending any atheists on the forum, that if there's a God, he's just got to be a pipe smoker. What a bunch of great guys, all headed upstairs someday, especially you, Dave.

There is no beauty without some strangeness in proportion.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  59. marine33

marine33

Login to Send PM

God bless you. I am very new to this as you can tell when I joined. I have had some great help from other members on here. I dont know if yiu can go through and see my posts but I have started about 1 week ago. I have a cobb pipe and bought some otc junk and then I went to a pipe store and bought some good stuff. Wow what a difference my only problem is loading and keeping lit. I hear cobbs are good but I feel I am missing out on the experience. With me trying to keep it going I feel I just get a mouth full of a little flavored hot smoke but im getting better. Maybe yiu can PM me and I can exchange my info with you. Im not trying to be a bum but I think this would be great for me. Im in Ohio. Thanks so much and not to be too picky but id love a bent pipe red smooth or black sandblast. Id love me some frog morton to try ive heard thats pretty good. Thanks so much and great cause.

Posted 5 years ago #
  60. macabra11

macabra11

Login to Send PM

Hi guys, I have been lurking on the forum for awhile and decided to sign up when I saw this awesome program you have! I am a fairly new pipe smoker (a few months) and have sampled a good number of tobaccos in a short time, but I still feel like I have no clue as to what I am doing. I have a Rossi Rubino bent egg and a MM cob (smokes better than the briar) so far.

I decided to smoke a pipe for relaxation, nostalgia and because I love complex and intricate flavors. I am a homebrewer, craft beer lover, foodie, and love myself some fine single malt scotches as well as quality bourbon. I can't stand cigarette smell and have not really enjoyed the handful of cigars I've tried. Pipes seem to be much more mellow (although that depends on the baccy I suppose) and I like that I don't inhale it. My grandpa used to smoke a pipe sometimes and I always loved that smell of cherry cavendish! My wife also finds the aromatics pleasing, so that is a big plus for me!

Looking forward to learning more and getting to know you gentlemen!

Posted 5 years ago #
  61. werebear

werebear

Login to Send PM

I have already posted on your other thread mr. Shaintiques, but I'll try here too. I have two pipes, soon to be only one, and would appreciate anything you guys on here would have to offer.

Til shade is gone, til water is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared,
    Screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  62. murf

murf

Login to Send PM

so cool. Where do you find the time?

Posted 5 years ago #
  63. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

He makes the time murf; he makes the time. I'm lucky to be a contributer, as I definitely have extra tobacco, and it was given to me, as is the postage sparrowhawk is sending. When sjb3 gave me his entire cellar, I had half a tin. Instantly went from recipient to contributer. A big thanks to all you toadies who are involved with this.

Posted 5 years ago #
  64. novicemaker

novicemaker

Login to Send PM

From what I have seen, this group of pipers really likes to spread the love around.

Posted 5 years ago #
  65. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just a heads up. I'm keeping tabs on this thread and taking note of who is in need of some help. I will only contact you when I have something ready that i can send out. Just be patient and wait your turn. I'm not saying no one is being impatient, but rather just want you guys to know that the pipes will make it to you eventually. This project isn't based on the number of posts you have but rather the needs that are out there. That being said, the forum isn't a charity, we are all about helping new smokers and want you guys to have a grand experience, but a part of that is becoming a part of the community. Sharing your two cents even if it isn't as experienced as some and asking questions. There are lots of guys that start an account post a couple of times and disappear. Don't be one of those.

Posted 5 years ago #
  66. andystewart

andystewart

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After discussions with Dave (shaintiques), I'm going to help with the Free Pipe Project by looking after donations from and to folk in the UK and Europe. I think most members this side of the Atlantic will have read the thread(s) with interest and agreed it's a great idea, but will probably have passed over the Project because they think it's all in North America and it's too much trouble and cost for all involved for them to give or receive pipes. So let's change that!

I'm in England and will now help Dave by acting as hub for any UK/European members who would like to donate or receive pipes and tobacco. Rather than members shipping stuff to Dave in the USA to then be refreshed and sent out again, I can just ship from here to 'local' guys and girls. I'm very happy to clean up UK & European donations before they go out - I'm a dab hand at sterilising and cleaning! - but I don't have the correct power tools for resto's that require them, so I will forward those items to Dave in bulk; it will still be easier and cheaper for the guys this end.

Hopefully this system will make the Project even more successful by making it quicker, easier and less costly for the UK/European members to participate. I can also meet anyone in London or European cities I travel to with work and pass on and/or receive pipes and tobacco. Please PM ME TO TAKE PART!

Andy

"I don’t know how else to say it: you don’t see bums smoking pipes." Charlie Kramer
    Posted 5 years ago #
  67. macabra11

macabra11

Login to Send PM

This is such a wonderful thing and I am amazed that it is international even! I've never heard of anything like this before, so many kudos to all that are involved.

Posted 5 years ago #
  68. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

andy's already mailed me here in Texas his own cash money for postage to repay a non-wealthy guy that Secret Santa'd me twice a couple of years ago.

Posted 5 years ago #
  69. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well politicalmonster just gifted me a gallon of everclear, his contribution to the project, which is great because I was totally out and was using some of my personal bourbon.

Posted 5 years ago #
  70. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pm sent

Allan
    Posted 5 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   paulfg, catyrpelius, sasquatch, tuold, jaytex969, cshubhra, sumusfumus, georged, agnosticpipe, cortezattic, pitchfork, malicev, railman, jerrynyc, jiminks